RC Competitor

Traxxas spartan upgrade props

Hey guys!
    Im setting up traxxas spartan to very fast (try to break 70mph..)....wanna now witch prop should I buy because I have to order ebay everything parts.
    Boat goes to carpainter.... Hole new style

Driver Toni Huldin a. K. a speeder

I hit 70 mph using the stock electronics and prop. The difference between then and the setup I have now is I hit 70 mph faster.

Old stock setup:

New OSE setup:

The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC poster
    ReglarGuy,

I see you have the telemetry GPS. They seem to be discontinued. There are a few still around is it worth it?

I ordered a voltage sensor for the telemetry, but when I opened up the Receiver none of the slots were the same size as the voltage plug. With the most recent Spartan Receiver do I need to add an additional Telemetry expander for the voltage, temp and gps?

Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge.

Dave B

When telemetry first came out for the Spartan, Traxxas didn't make a way for you to have RPM's, so that you could calculate your speed. That's why I went with the Expander and GPS. Now, Traxxas does offer the mount necessary for you to be able to have RPM's and speed without the GPS. If my GPS ever poops out on me, I probably wouldn't spend the money to replace it. I'd just use my RPM's to calculate my speed.

Traxxas discontinued the old GPS and Expander, but now have new ones available. The only problem is that you can't mix the old with the new. If you have the old, and one of your two old parts poop out on you, you have to replace both parts with new.

If you only want one temp/RPM's/voltage for your telemetry, Traxxas makes a special harness for that, and its' plugs fits into your Traxxas receiver. If you want more sensors than that, you'll need their Expander and Smart Sensors.

Here you can see the basic temp sensor on my motor (in the brass tube), and you can see the Smart sensors coming out of my Expander.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 02-08-2019 at 04:54 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.