RC Enthusiast

would a traxxas 4s lipo 6700 mah battery fit in the rustler?

hey all, my rustler VXL has the battery expansion kit installed, and i cut away the back piece in the battery tray to accomadate for bigger batteries, would the 4s lipo 6700 mah battery by traxxas fit?

There are a number of shapes and sizes, we'd need to know the brand and model of the pack.

If the battery will sit in the tray you'll likely have to get creative with Velcro straps to keep in place.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Expect to replace your driveshafts and lots of other parts if you do get it to fit, including your motor if it's the stock vxl.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Iím pretty sure those batteries require inches more room, not millimeters

RC Qualifier
    How tall is the battery? I've seen 3s packs that are short enough to fit in the stock Rustler tray without any mods or expansion kits. Could probably get a really low profile 4s that would work at least with the expansion kit.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by RC_N3RD View Post
    How tall is the battery? I've seen 3s packs that are short enough to fit in the stock Rustler tray without any mods or expansion kits. Could probably get a really low profile 4s that would work at least with the expansion kit.
    Sorry, I was speaking of length not height. My 6S hard case fit with expansion kit, when I had the stock chassis. But it is a 4300mah SMC

RC Qualifier
    Sorry, I was speaking of length not height. My 6S hard case fit with expansion kit, when I had the stock chassis. But it is a 4300mah SMC
    Yeah, gotta check that too. If he needs extra space though Traxxas conveniently added a nice removable wall at the back of the chassis that can come out. It's where the servo for a msc should be, but you don't need it, so cut it out and back it with a spare piece of foam.