RC Racer

Seriously frustrated!

Very frustrated with the udr at this point. Yesterday not even ten seconds into my run the esc cuts out with just steering working.Im getting all red lights blinking. So i call traxxas and apparently its a critical failure of the esc and out of warranty. So ok i had a brand new backup that i install and voila its working great.

All happy at this point i see i have forgotten to plug in the light kit from traxxas from the amp to the esc, i turn off the esc and plug it in and restart and bam! Solid red lights this time and cannot restart it again. Pull batts and same, bricked?! Holy cow im pretty upset at this point as the light kit is somehow instantly bricking new esc's. Between the issues with telemetry ive been having and now a very expensive esc issue seriously considering not messing with any accesories. Ill try calling tomm but im not betting anything can be done.

RC Qualifier
    That’s weird. It fried as soon as you plugged into the accessory port? Make sure to mention that

RC Racer
    Yes like instantly. Im convinced thats how the first esc went considering it hasnt been run much and never water, mud etc. I will not dare plug those lights in again until i figure it out.

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like a short in the light kit. Somewhere down the line black and red are making a connection they shouldnt. (or in this case I think they are all blue & black wires)

Get a small 2s Lipo and run the lights off that battery directly to avoid popping another ESC (once you determine the wiring issue in the light kit)

-Liberty

RC Racer
    Yes its strange, im usually not the guy to call in for support but this has me stumped. I do have to give it to traxxas for supporting me and trying to get this figured out after reaching out to them and the amp and esc will be mailed. That is why i will continue to support them.

RC Racer
    Traxxas was very responsive when I had a servo failure...sent a new one as quick as they could. No run around, just asked a few questions and offered to send out a new one. I'm glad they are standing by your truck too.