RC poster

problems with new e revo 2.0

hi guys,

bought a e revo about 6 weeks ago, had nothing but issues with it from day one.
    motor and esc went back to traxxas and they done a repair on the motor. got it back this week put the truck back together, tested it up the road everything fine.

just gone to use it and now this is happening.

this was a brand new truck with there batteries and ez peak charger. s everything traxxas and the link module.
    so spent a small fortune on this setup.

and its had 4 charges through it. its been of the road more than on.

any help would be appreciated.

RC Racer
    First, try to calibrate the ESC. Anytime you hook up a different ESC calibrate it to your radio system. Check the drive line for any binding. Disconnect the motor from the drive line, doesn’t matter if you take the motor out completely or just make it so the spur and pinion aren’t engaged, check and see that the truck rolls freely and smoothly. Push it around for a decent distance, at least 20 feet just to make sure that everything rolls smooth. It’s hard to tell from the video but is the motor shaft spinning? I don’t think it is but I just want to cover all of the bases. If it is, make sure the pinion is tight. If that’s all good then check the connection from the ESC to the motor. If they are loose in anyway then that could be the issue. Try this stuff out and hopefully one of these ideas work. If I can think of anything else to try I will let you know. Hopefully someone else jumps in with some ideas. Keep us posted on the outcome.

RC Qualifier
    Give it a push with your foot to get the drivetrain moving while on the gas. That’s a torched esc if I’ve ever seen one.

RC Qualifier
    Also make sure to check your throttle trim. Not sure if you are applying throttle in the video or not. If not, then definitely check the throttle trim and as said recalibrate the ESC.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by vans5oh View Post
    First, try to calibrate the ESC. Anytime you hook up a different ESC calibrate it to your radio system. Check the drive line for any binding. Disconnect the motor from the drive line, doesnít matter if you take the motor out completely or just make it so the spur and pinion arenít engaged, check and see that the truck rolls freely and smoothly. Push it around for a decent distance, at least 20 feet just to make sure that everything rolls smooth. Itís hard to tell from the video but is the motor shaft spinning? I donít think it is but I just want to cover all of the bases. If it is, make sure the pinion is tight. If thatís all good then check the connection from the ESC to the motor. If they are loose in anyway then that could be the issue. Try this stuff out and hopefully one of these ideas work. If I can think of anything else to try I will let you know. Hopefully someone else jumps in with some ideas. Keep us posted on the outcome.
    I have tried to recalibrate the esc and the esc doesn't play ball at. took the motor out and the truck rolls fine. the drive line is clear and everything is sweet. no throttle applied, the motor is trying to spin but its not spinning. I have taken a look at the dashboard on my link app, and everything looks fine with voltages and amps. at the esc end. I am really starting to loose my head over it...lol

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeeenuuutt View Post
    Give it a push with your foot to get the drivetrain moving while on the gas. That’s a torched esc if I’ve ever seen one.
    drive line is clear at pushing around fine. what do you mean torched esc...
    it is definitely something electric... but what is baffling me...

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    Also make sure to check your throttle trim. Not sure if you are applying throttle in the video or not. If not, then definitely check the throttle trim and as said recalibrate the ESC.
    I checked my throttle trim on the link app and its set 0.0 so defo not the throttle trim. as to recalibrate it wont let me recalibrate it.

RC Enthusiast
    Maybe take the motor out and see if it spins with the remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I said push the car while on the gas. As a form to get the motor spinning.

RC Qualifier
    I know this sounds stupid, but not sure if you have already tried it... make sure the drivetrain can roll freely, and that the gears are meshed properly

RC Qualifier
    He JUST said that above.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbo View Post
    drive line is clear at pushing around fine. what do you mean torched esc...
    it is definitely something electric... but what is baffling me...
    Quoted here

RC poster
    I just bought an E Revo 2.0 and I have the same issue... If you try to go slow up a hill or even taking off on flat ground, the motor seems to shake like it doesn't have enough power to move the car. It is brand new, only ran it for a few minutes with new traxxas lipo batteries. I've pulled it completely apart and checked EVERYTHING and it all seems to be fine. I re-bound the transmitter and receiver, recalibrated the esc, and made sure the esc was in "sport" mode. I took the motor out and rolled the car all over the house, and it moved smooth as silk! I'm not sure how to post a video of this problem on here, but if I can figure it out, I will...

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    I just bought an E Revo 2.0 and I have the same issue... If you try to go slow up a hill or even taking off on flat ground, the motor seems to shake like it doesn't have enough power to move the car. It is brand new, only ran it for a few minutes with new traxxas lipo batteries. I've pulled it completely apart and checked EVERYTHING and it all seems to be fine. I re-bound the transmitter and receiver, recalibrated the esc, and made sure the esc was in "sport" mode. I took the motor out and rolled the car all over the house, and it moved smooth as silk! I'm not sure how to post a video of this problem on here, but if I can figure it out, I will...
    Are we talking about cogging? Any non censored brushless motor will studder at slow speeds, some more than others.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC poster
    That looks and sounds just like mine when one of the motor cables disconnects, always the black one. I put some electrical tape around it to prevent it from happening while driving.