RC poster

instaling part 8379

Hello,

My hobbyshop sugested to me that if I want to make "drift car" I shoudl install part nr. 8379(Housing spool/spool shaft/bushing). I'm new to hobby and not sure where to start. I can't find any turtorial about in web. Anyone can share something? Is it very complicated process?

THX in advance for help

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by manher View Post
    Hello,

My hobbyshop sugested to me that if I want to make "drift car" I shoudl install part nr. 8379(Housing spool/spool shaft/bushing). I'm new to hobby and not sure where to start. I can't find any turtorial about in web. Anyone can share something? Is it very complicated process?

THX in advance for help
    I just ordered these tonight. I may have time to make a how-to video on Tues the 12th if you are not in a rush.

-Liberty

RC Qualifier
    Video is up. It is a little long but you can skip into the parts you need to see

https://youtu.be/Zuh2IdWAv3Q

RC Enthusiast
    The install was exactly how I imagined, but I learned that the little pin is included, which makes it a win. The product pictures never show the pin.

Now knowing that I don't need to reuse any other part I only need an extra gear so I can easily swap the diffs out.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Decoy Octopus View Post
    The install was exactly how I imagined, but I learned that the little pin is included, which makes it a win. The product pictures never show the pin.

Now knowing that I don't need to reuse any other part I only need an extra gear so I can easily swap the diffs out.
    I thought about that same thing, just pick up a new ring gear and the 4 screws for an easy swap. Maybe the outdrive cups also...

-Liberty