RC Competitor

link set-up...not the same veh.

hello, i just finished linking up my emaxx with the traxxas app.
    linked up ok but the when i looked up the the veh, there was a green check mark
    beside a "traxxas 8s x-maxx"??? why did it do that? i have an emaxx. or does it not know
    what type of veh you have?

RC Qualifier
    If you don't already have the Emaxx In the link app you have to go to select and add a new vehicle, if you do already have it in there sometimes before you turn on the tx and the rx just click on select and make the Emaxx active before you turn it on and it should recognize the rc.

RC Competitor
    ok thanks.

RC Competitor
    hi again, did not seem to work for me. no matter what i do from uninstalling to to re-installing the traxxas app to deleting the the 8s Xmaxx from the app.

i deleted the xmaxx and added the brushless emaxx and still it wants to link up w/ the xmaxx. maybe i should have said this from the beginning...my TQI Bluetooth and the 6533 TSM receiver was bought used. i just installed them in a used brushless emaxx i bought a month before. if this is what is causing this, is there a simple( and i mean simple) way a resetting the receiver to its default state as if i just bought the rec. new from a hobby shop? i really dont know what else to do.

ideally i want it to link to my brushless emaxx in the app and have a a green check mark beside and having it say its "linked" to the brushless emaxx so i can use all the parameters assc. with the emaxx such as its motor, esc, type of battery, tires, etc. need help please!!!
    Last edited by lx2008; 02-05-2019 at 09:35 AM.

RC Competitor
    adding this...i called traxxas today. they told me that after deleting the xmaxx it should not come back up in the app unless i select it from the "select vehicle" option in the app. ( but it still does )anyhow, they said to send in the tx(6528 ) and the bluetooth module along with the 6533 tsm rx. they also said it could be the app itself. like i said earlier i did a complete uninstall & reinstall and it still did the same thing.

let me ask you guys this, after i bought the used emaxx(it had a 6518 rx in it) & the older tx (6507 tqi NON bluetooth tx.),

i bought a used (but almost new) 6533 tsm rx. & 6528 bluetooth(w/ module). i took out the 6518 and put in the tsm 6533rx. and bound the 6528 w/ bluetooth module to the 6533. is it possible that binding those two before i linked the emaxx could have been the problem. i`m at a complete loss here.

RC Competitor
    sent it all back to traxxas. i called them and told them what was going on. since the rx. / tx. was from an Xmaxx, it had to be "re-flashed" as an brushless emaxx so it could be recognized that way in the app. actually, they called me and said they were having the same problem as i was.