RC poster

GTR shocks for a 2wd Slash

I purchased GTR shocks for my 2wd Slash and only after removing all the old shocks did I realize that the front shocks do not fit in the suspension arm. The lower ball joint is to large for the small gap.

An old suggestion recommended replacing the ball joint with the smaller joint from my stock shocks but provided no additional information on how to make that change.

My thought was changing the arm to a Slash 4x4 arm but I don't know if the arms are compatable or if I need to make more swaps to make that work.

Please let me know your thoughts

I purchased this at my local store and I may be able to exchange/return then but since I already opened them I though I would try the forum first.

RC Qualifier
    Just swap the Pivot ball from the Ultra shock bottom to the GTR bottom.

RC poster
    I thought GTRshocks were only for the slash 4x4. I don't really think you should replace the a arms, im not a slash expert but those might not fit??? I think big bores are a better option, I have not had any shock problems since I got them.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown94 View Post
    Just swap the Pivot ball from the Ultra shock bottom to the GTR bottom.
    This is what I did on my truck to make them fit. GTRs work great on a 2wd slash. You might have to give them a little extra push after you swap out the pivot ball to get it into the arm, but it will go in. I like the GTRs much better than the big bores.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I got a set of protek 8267 shock pliers for taking out and install the ball joints, very easy. RCers all oughta own one just on principal.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm

GTR shocks for a 2wd Slash

^^^^^^^^
    I think your right. I've been doing them the hard way for 10 years lol haha
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-05-2019 at 11:03 PM.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    I got a set of protek 8267 shock pliers for taking out and install the ball joints, very easy. RCers all oughta own one just on principal.
    Wow! I have a shock shaft pliers and didn't know they could be used on the pivot balls! 62 and still learning! In reponse to the o.p., yes just swap the balls from your old shocks. The GTR shocks come with pivot balls for the 4x4.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    Wow! I have a shock shaft pliers and didn't know they could be used on the pivot balls! 62 and still learning! In reponse to the o.p., yes just swap the balls from your old shocks. The GTR shocks come with pivot balls for the 4x4.

Ahh. Thanks
    Is there a way to remove and replace the pivot ball with out the the tool?
    My local shop only has a $50 hudy pliers and amazon prime does not have this for quick shipping.

RC poster
    Got impatient and cheap. I used a standard pliers and a wood nail to pop the pivot balls out and then into the GTR shocks. I scratched the plastic casing slightly but the metal joint is untouched.

Thanks to everyone. They now fit in the front suspension arms.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty_F5 View Post
    Got impatient and cheap. I used a standard pliers and a wood nail to pop the pivot balls out and then into the GTR shocks. I scratched the plastic casing slightly but the metal joint is untouched.

Thanks to everyone. They now fit in the front suspension arms.
    Sorry for the delay in responding, WiFi at work will not allow us to access certain themed sites. I have used a pliers in the past, put one jaw on the ball and the other jaw on the plastic next to the ball on the other side and they pop right out.

RC poster
    Hey I just did this upgrade and the back gtr shock isn’t long enough for my slash 2wd ant recommendation on what to do?

RC Qualifier
    Did you buy Revo/Slayer GTR shocks or GTR Slash shocks?