Thread: Multiple cars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RC Enthusiast

Multiple cars

If I buy a 4 channel tqi radio with a tqi/tsm receiver for a car I'm building, can I use that radio to run the other two cars I have that only have tq receivers as well? or do I need tqi receivers in any car I want to operate with the new radio...and do I need the Bluetooth module to do this? If I can use it with the tq receivers can I set endpoints with all the cars as well then?
    Thanks for any info.

As far as I understand it, unless you have the Link installed, and use the app (installed on your phone), the TQi TX can only be used with a single Rx/vehicle. However, if you have the Link installed, and use the app, you might be able to use the TQi TX with more than one Rx/vehicle. Again, this is just my understanding, so, please, don't quote me on it.

~ Coming to you live, from somewhere on planet Earth.
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    As far as I understand it, unless you have the Link installed, and use the app (installed on your phone), the TQi TX can only be used with a single Rx/vehicle. However, if you have the Link installed, and use the app, you might be able to use the TQi TX with more than one Rx/vehicle. Again, this is just my understanding, so, please, don't quote me on it.

The tqi tx can and will run multiple cars without the help of the link. However, the link helps set up each vehicles settings. As far as compatible receivers, I can't recall off the the top of my head but, a quick Google search will bring up a picture of what transmitters are compatible with which receivers. I had three cars hooked up to three transmitters so it didn't matter which car and which transmitter you grabbed. Possibilities are endless!
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    The tqi tx can and will run multiple cars without the help of the link. However, the link helps set up each vehicles settings. As far as compatible receivers, I can't recall off the the top of my head but, a quick Google search will bring up a picture of what transmitters are compatible with which receivers. I had three cars hooked up to three transmitters so it didn't matter which car and which transmitter you grabbed. Possibilities are endless!
    Like I said, as far as I understood. I also said, don't quote me on it. Personally, I'll stick with my 7PX.

~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Champion
    I run mine on both my summit and my crawler... once and a while i have to rebind to one or the other. i dont have any phone app or such.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by goleft View Post
    If I buy a 4 channel tqi radio with a tqi/tsm receiver for a car I'm building, can I use that radio to run the other two cars I have that only have tq receivers as well? or do I need tqi receivers in any car I want to operate with the new radio...and do I need the Bluetooth module to do this? If I can use it with the tq receivers can I set endpoints with all the cars as well then?
    Thanks for any info.
    I have 6 vehicles that are ran off one four Chanel remote(tx). You have to bind the remote to each receiver first. Traxxas has a how to video on “binding”. You have to set your remote(tx) to the correct vehicle type and then bind it. Once you have it binded, you simply have to turn the vehicle on and then the controller and all you’re good to go.
    The app and Bluetooth accessories are great for setting up but before you can use any of the features, you have to bind tx to rx first.
    Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by TLXtreme View Post
    I have 6 vehicles that are ran off one four Chanel remote(tx). You have to bind the remote to each receiver first. Traxxas has a how to video on “binding”. You have to set your remote(tx) to the correct vehicle type and then bind it. Once you have it binded, you simply have to turn the vehicle on and then the controller and all you’re good to go.
    The app and Bluetooth accessories are great for setting up but before you can use any of the features, you have to bind tx to rx first.
    Hope this helps.
    So does that mean I could "switch" controllers with cars?
    I was an idiot and switched up two of my radios when I labeled them.
    I labeled my E-Revo 2.0 radio Rustler and vice-versa.

Which would be easier, swap the connections or swap the labels? Both transmitters appear to be the same. I used individual vinyl letters in two places. It seems I'd destroy the letters by removing them.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post

Which would be easier, swap the connections or swap the labels? Both transmitters appear to be the same. I used individual vinyl letters in two places. It seems I'd destroy the letters by removing them.
    Compatible traxxas receivers and transmitters can be interchange. Controller one can control car 1 2 3 (ext.) Controller two can control car 1 2 3 (ext) and so on and so on. Basically, bind any and all controllers to any and all tqi receivers (check compadability between tx and rx) and grab any transmitter with any car and go!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Qualifier

If you bind each tx to both rc's or all of your rc's you don't need labels because each tx will work with all of them, but having the bt moule makes it really easy to bind and setup.
    https://traxxas.com/support/Traxxas-...tibility-Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    If you bind each tx to both rc's or all of your rc's you don't need labels because each tx will work with all of them, but having the bt moule makes it really easy to bind and setup.
    https://traxxas.com/support/Traxxas-...tibility-Guide
    Interesting! So if all or any of my transmitters are bound to multiple cars will I still be able to run multiple cars at the same time or will they get confused?

RC Qualifier
    Yes not an issue as long as each rig running at the same time has a seperate tx and they were previously binded.

Yes not an issue as long as each rig running at the same time has a seperate tx and they were previously binded.
    Things certainly have changed since I had my Tamiya's back in the '80s!

RC Qualifier
    Things certainly have changed since I had my Tamiya's back in the '80s!
    No kidding we were just talking the other day about the Radio Shack specials we were all wanting way back lol. I'm still waiting for your reveiw on the Xmaxx lol, it's a super fun truck and amazing with what it's capable of for it's size.

No kidding we were just talking the other day about the Radio Shack specials we were all wanting way back lol. I'm still waiting for your reveiw on the Xmaxx lol, it's a super fun truck and amazing with what it's capable of for it's size.
    I started with the Tamiya Hornet, then Tamtechs and also the Bruiser.

Well, with the bad battery delay and then sporadic rain around here it's been tough. I finally got to run it in a park for a bit today. It's pretty impressive! It was a pain to clean though...it was like a lawn mower! The inside of the wheels and suspension gathered a ton of grass.

I cannot/will not run it on the street at my house because of the E-Revo (Evil-O) mishap! Nothing bigger than the Rustler at the house now. Evil-O and Maxx have to go to the park. I'm trying to find a dirt spot with some mounds nearby.