RC poster

Lightbulb Weird question about a seemingly great idea I have

I have a crazy idea that I think might be really cool if successful. I have a 2 Channel TQi transmitter (With Link module installed), and I had the idea to connect it to a computer, and use the physical controls as an input to a game I'm working on (An RC simulator). Imagine how cool it would be to drive a simulated RC vehicle using the actual remote.

Side-note: I'm using Unity on MacOS, though I'd probably change either of these if I found a way to do it that didn't work with either.

In theory, I was thinking that I would simply be able to pair the controller using Bluetooth via the link module, but I was unable to see the control in Bluetooth on any interface other than the Link app.

Alternatively, I thought there might be a way to connect some kind of receiver directly to the computer. This receiver would be work just as the receiver on the Traxxas model, only it would route output as an input device to the computer. However, I'm not sure if this is possible, or what kind of receiver would be used for this.

Is this idea even possible, or am I just wasting my time?

RC Champion
    That's been in use for years already. Started with plane,/heli trainers and progressed from their

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Do you know of any for MacOS that support the Traxxas TQi link (Bluetooth connection)?