RC poster

So I'm trying to trouble shoot my Aton this week.

So when I turn the RX on first I normally try to press the arm button than flick the throttle show it wouldn't show the flashing Zeros. Than I turn on the drone it shows the light bar flickering on the left but turns solid green why is that? How do I go about the GPS thing so I can fly my drone? PS battery is non issue as it lights the drone up & it does the beep routine. Bought it a year or two ago. I guess its the steps I'm doing? Whats the straight forward procedure?
    Last edited by pricelessppp; 02-06-2019 at 09:18 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    I usually just turn my controller on then plug the battery into the Aton and wait a minute or 2 for the GPS to connect. Then make sure the left stick is down push the arm button for a few seconds and then gradually push the left stick up. I'm flying at that point.

RC poster
    Good. Advise I tried what you said before with the throttle & arm button. I turned on the drone but it didn't stay that way. Also the GPS bars don't light up just the right bar button. Am I missing some steps?

RC Enthusiast
    I'm new the Aton myself, but typically all 4 lights need to be lit and once you push the arm button you have like 15 seconds to push the left stick up or it shuts off again. That's normal, from my understanding anyway.

RC poster
    Four lights on mine blink when I plug it in but than they don't blink it only blinks on the right end light. Also On my RX why is their no flashing green light on the arm & RTH button?

RC Enthusiast
    It takes a minute or 2 for the lights to go solid. I figure its trying to get GPS signal for the "return to home" function.

RC Competitor
    Goes without saying but ill say it anyway. Make sure you have fresh batteries in the transmitter

RC Qualifier
    Are you trying to arm it in the same location you did the last time you flew? How far back from the Aton are you standing when you wait for it to lock onto GPS?'
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    Are you trying to arm it in the same location you did the last time you flew? How far back from the Aton are you standing when you wait for it to lock onto GPS?'
    Not sure if this is directed at the OP or myself, but I do arm in in about the same spot each time and maybe 6ft or so away.

RC poster
    Throttle must be in left in the 0% position - all the way down - to arm.
    If the far right light is blinking it's because of low Aton battery. It will not arm in that condition. On your controller what does the RX "gauge" show?
    You must also wait until the third light stops blinking because that indicates a GPS lock and setting of home location. This can sometimes take a couple minutes depending on the GPS signal strength.

RC Qualifier
    I fly mine inside with no GPS lock , Sport and expert modes only as Film mode really needs a GPS lock to fy correctly .