Thread: Introduction

RC Racer

Introduction

Just wanted to say hello, Recently got into the hobby as a 38/M Loved rc cars as a kid but never got anything special always toy grade that broke a week or 2 after Christmas.. Been into this hobby now for maybe a month or so and I've already bought 4 different traxxas vehicles lol..

First was the Bigfoot No 1 A really great fun truck but 2WD quickly showed its limitations in the northern Michigan snow, So I gave that to my brother since ya know.. why not.. and Bought the stampede 4X4 4WD VXL, And within the first 20 mins I had crashed it into a non moving object and pretty much destroyed the entire front suspension, So I waited on parts and finally got it up and running with the help of the LHS, who just so happened to have a Slash VXL 4WD in stock, and me being me wanted another car for when the stampede is down for repairs, which it is again...

So today me being me having a broke stampede AGAIN decided im buying 1 more truck for when the other trucks are down and just cuz I wanted something better but not quite X MAXX.. So I bought the E-Revo 2.0 6S VXL 4WD Green body.. OMG I can't wait for that sucker to come in..

Went a little over board and bought 6 X 7600 Mah batteries, 3 X 5000mah and 3 x 6000 mah cuz ya know.. LIPO! all 2S for now till I get more skilled at handling then i'll consider 3S + vehicle upgrades and such.

Slowly upgrading the stampede tho so it can handle some of the punishing aspects of off road life / jumps, got RPM arms on the front (blue) and soon RPM (green) for the rear, Ordered aluminum shock caps.. that's.. that's about all I break so far so no point in upgrading past that atm.

Got some new tires coming think the T-maxx style gonna slap those on the stampede hopefully.

Anyway Love this hobby getting a little expensive but mostly my own fault lol

Just try to watch the language. *s in your posts are a no-no. -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 11-25-2018 at 05:20 PM.

G'Day mate. The journey down the rabbit hole of rc begins.
    Have a blast and always remember they're just toys.

RC Qualifier
    Right on fellow RC'er. Remember, buy, play, break, fix and repeat. This is a bad disease that is very contagious

RC poster
    Remember, buy, play, break, fix and repeat.
    Same goes almost with any hobby
    KHz

RC Qualifier
    This guy just bought more rc batteries in his one order than I have in my whole 10 years of rcing.. lol.