RC Champion

Twisted or broken

Ok so a friend asked me to install some new radio gear in his series 1 brushless erevo, no biggy, all straight forward and only took 10 mins. However whilst looking at his erevo I noticed his back wheels were a good 15mm further across! Now I've done a visual and really yanked stuff about and nothing seems to be broken, I'd have thought if anything it would have been the chassis, but no. Anyone got any ideas ?
    2wd Slash VXL, 2wd Slash 9t , E Maxx 2200kv ,Trx4

RC Champion
    Can you post up a couple pics. And does he have any aftermarket a-arms in place, like the RPM true track or similar?

RC Champion
    I've not posted pics in year's, and tbh I'm not going to get another photo bucket account or similar. Would have thought you could do it straight from your phone or laptop by now ! And no she's all stock mate, looks perfect, no damage or any noises until you look at it from above!

RC Champion
    Well I will say that the rear tires will have a good bit of tow in for grip purposes and the front end will have tow out. It may look as if the rear end is wider. Not sure if this is what you are seeing? Possibly is or maybe not. At any rate, if the rear tires are towed in its normal and nothing to be alarmed at.

Quote Originally Posted by crazee horse View Post
    Ok so a friend asked me to install some new radio gear in his series 1 brushless erevo, no biggy, all straight forward and only took 10 mins. However whilst looking at his erevo I noticed his back wheels were a good 15mm further across! Now I've done a visual and really yanked stuff about and nothing seems to be broken, I'd have thought if anything it would have been the chassis, but no. Anyone got any ideas ?
    Are you saying the track width is wider in the rear, by 15mm? If so, the pillow balls, where they screw into the arms, might have backed out causing the issue. Try using tapatalk, easiest way to post pics here without a third party hosting account.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Champion
    Forgot about the pillow balls!! That found very well be the issue!! Good call! It wound help a bunch if he could post a couple of pics. But now that you mentioned the pillow balls, that is the most likely cause!!

RC Champion
    The whole rear track is 15mm farther to one side. It isn't toe in. It's quite incredible, and like I say I'm not gonna get a photo bucket account as I never use it. Lol
    It's not the pillow balls, nor the toe in, nor the camber. It's like it's shifted all to one side, on one side 15mm farther than the other and the other side 15mm less. It looks like it been put on wrong.
    Last edited by crazee horse; 02-09-2019 at 03:04 AM.