Thread: Tekno m6's

RC Qualifier

Tekno m6's

Hey guys. I am planning on ordering some tekno shafts... are these the ones that fit in the rustler 4x4 vxl? https://www.amazon.com/Tekno-RC-6852...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Best suggestion is to check the Tekno website. Find the part numbers (obviously, front & rear will have different part numbers), and then match up the part numbers from whatever vendor you want to purchase from.

~ Coming to you live, from somewhere on planet Earth.
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke s View Post
    Hey guys. I am planning on ordering some tekno shafts... are these the ones that fit in the rustler 4x4 vxl? https://www.amazon.com/Tekno-RC-6852...ct_top?ie=UTF8
    Yes, those are the correct ones for the rear:
    https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr6852...-4x4-rear-6mm/

And for the front:
    https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr6851...4x4-front-6mm/

A tip: The plastic 12mm hexes included in the driveshaft kits are no good - they are way too soft. Better to invest in the aluminium ones:
    https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr1654...d-ae-sc10-4x4/

Regarding the Tekno F/R kits, thru come with steering blocks (front), and carriers (rear)...but, what if aluminum parts area wanted for those pieces? As the Tekno M6s use larger bearings, do the Tekno steering blocks & carriers have to be used, or is there an aluminum alternative (say, maybe the Traxxas aluminum steering blocks & carriers for the XO-1 (considering the XO-1 driveshafts are also 6mm)?

As a 'secondary' option, if the Tekno bearings won't fit into the Traxxas aluminum XO-1 steering blocks & carriers, could the Tekno carriers, steering blocks, AND bearings be completely ignored, and the XO-1 carriers, steering blocks, AND bearings be used (again, considering the XO-1 driveshafts are also 6mm)?

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    Regarding the Tekno F/R kits, thru come with steering blocks (front), and carriers (rear)...but, what if aluminum parts area wanted for those pieces? As the Tekno M6s use larger bearings, do the Tekno steering blocks & carriers have to be used, or is there an aluminum alternative (say, maybe the Traxxas aluminum steering blocks & carriers for the XO-1 (considering the XO-1 driveshafts are also 6mm)?

As a 'secondary' option, if the Tekno bearings won't fit into the Traxxas aluminum XO-1 steering blocks & carriers, could the Tekno carriers, steering blocks, AND bearings be completely ignored, and the XO-1 carriers, steering blocks, AND bearings be used (again, considering the XO-1 driveshafts are also 6mm)?

For the front the xo-1 stuff will work. The rear is a little more tricky. Some have used the tekno dog bone with the traxxas stub axle. I did traxxas steel Cvds with tekno stub axles and rear carriers because I wanted to keep the tekno 17mm conversion. Having said that, very rarely did I break a tekno plastic rear carrier. It was mostly the c-blocks which was remedied by the xo-1 aluminum front parts.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

I'm not certain, but I'm thinking you might have misunderstood what I meant (and, if I'm the one who misunderstood, sorry).

I was referring to using the Tekno M6 axles front & rear, but using either the Tekno bearings with the aluminum XO-1 steering blocks, C-hubs, & rear casters...or the same (as above), but with the Traxxas XO-1 bearings (if the Tekno bearings won't fit into the Traxxas aluminum parts).

For one project I'm about to start, I plan on keeping the 12mm hexes...but, for the other project, I'll need 17mm hexes (will be using 1/8 buggy wheels). With the exception of the hexes, if I can keep the drivetrain the same (or, as close to the same as possible), it would make my job slightly easier, as I'd be able to "repeat" the build process.

In short, I have (as far as I'm currently aware) three drivetrain options - using the steel CV driveshafts/axles designed for the Slash/Rustler 4x4 (5mm), using the steel CV driveshafts designed for the XO-1 (6mm, which also requires larger steering blocks, C-hubs, & rear carriers), or using Tekno M6s (also 6mm, and also requiring the "larger" parts like the XO-1 CV). This is, of course, unless there are other drivetrain options I'm unaware of.

Last edited by Panther6834; 02-09-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Let me rephrase, in the front both traxxas xo-1 c blocks knuckles and bearings are all interchangeable. The rear are not
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Yes, those are the correct ones for the rear:
    https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr6852...-4x4-rear-6mm/

And for the front:
    https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr6851...4x4-front-6mm/

A tip: The plastic 12mm hexes included in the driveshaft kits are no good - they are way too soft. Better to invest in the aluminium ones:
    https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr1654...d-ae-sc10-4x4/
    Can I use the wheel hexes that come stock on the rustler 4x4 work with these axles?

RC Qualifier
    If not then I have 12mm wheel hexes with 6mm holes... will those work better?

Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    Let me rephrase, in the front both traxxas xo-1 c blocks knuckles and bearings are all interchangeable. The rear are not
    Ok, think I've got it. The bearing that Tekno includes with the front M6 kit will fit into the Traxxas XO-1 aluminum steering blocks (plus the Traxxas Traxxas XO-1 aluminum C-hubs can be used)...but the Tekno bearings included with the rear M6 kit will not fit into the Traxxas XO-1 aluminum rear carriers.

If that's the case, then, will the Tekno M6 rear driveshafts work with the Traxxas XO-1 aluminum rear carriers & Traxxas XO-1 rear bearings?

Finally (pardon me for forgetting to ask this earlier), in regards to Tenno's M6 kits (front & rear), will they ONLY work with 17mm hexes? Or, will they also work with 12mm hexes (WITHOUT the 17mm conversion kit)? I'm asking because, while one vehicle will be using 1/8 buggy wheels (17mm hex), the other vehicle will be using 1/10 short course 2.2"/3" wheels (12mm hex). And, yes, I realize this would require drilling-out the wheels to accept the 6mm shafts.

Just letting you know, until you delete some messages from your Traxxas forum "sent" and/or "received" boxes, you can't receive anymore PM replies. Put another way, your PM boxes have reached maximum capacity.

RC Qualifier
    If not then I have 12mm wheel hexes with 6mm holes... will those work better?
    You cannot use the stock hexes, but the ones with 6mm axle holes should work (aluminium, I hope).

ProcDestryr
    Tekno makes a set of clamping 12mm aluminum hex adapters w/ 6mm bore. Ive installed them with the M6 kit. They are nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ProcDestryr View Post
    Tekno makes a set of clamping 12mm aluminum hex adapters w/ 6mm bore. Ive installed them with the M6 kit. They are nice.
    Good to know...VERY good. Thanks.

ProcDestryr
    Here is the Tekno M6 steering block and the clamping hex (they even came with shims).