RC Qualifier

My E Revo 2.0 with Proline Trencher Xs

Here it is!
    They look awesome! And theyre very big . Sadly its still parked because of a receiver short giving my mxls bec a fatal error if I dont install an external BEC . Update coming soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    My mate has just put some big Joe's on his, different 20kg servos as well, is the bed essential ?
    2wd Slash VXL, 2wd Slash 9t , E Maxx 2200kv ,Trx4

RC Qualifier
    The bec isn’t essential especially with the stock esc, but if you swap it you’ll most likely need an external bec.

RC Qualifier
    Also I would like to note that these tires are a lot lighter than the stock ones despite being much bigger!

RC Racer
    Dude! Looks great.. I actually kinda regret my SMC wheels.. theyre fun for speed and road, but I mainly just do back flips and stupid stuff so Ive found myself running the stocks more often.

Let me know how these work out, Ill be getting some Prolines one day.

And are you just adding a BEC to your MXL? Im trying to think if I have anything laying around that could help you get it going.

RC Champion
    The trenchers Xs are a great all around tire! Decent traction for on road use and they work great for off road use! Im sure youll like them Peanut. Keep us posted. Just curios if you end up liking them as much as I have.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by gmoney82186 View Post
    Dude! Looks great.. I actually kinda regret my SMC wheels.. they’re fun for speed and road, but I mainly just do back flips and stupid stuff so I’ve found myself running the stocks more often.

Let me know how these work out, I’ll be getting some Prolines one day.

And are you just adding a BEC to your MXL? I’m trying to think if I have anything laying around that could help you get it going.
    Yeah I’m just adding a BEC. As long as I don’t use that internal bec the esc should not get damaged any further

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeeenuuutt View Post
    Yeah Im just adding a BEC. As long as I dont use that internal bec the esc should not get damaged any further
    Well let me know how it goes. Im running the MXL (as you know) with Castle BEC that I Plasti-dipped.. Ive had no issues, but the extra stuff.. plus you lose the on-off switch. I like being able to adjust everything with the castle link too..

I got an Orange 8s XMaxx recently so thats taken my time, but I did get aluminum push rods all the way around and did the body saver mod on my 2.0. Ill post pics soon. Only think that sucked is Im an idiot and didnt route my zip tie under the power cord for my dual castle fans.. I noticed they werent working yesterday and the cord ripped (this also could be due to many triple backflips and purposeful breakage during super bowl). I did notice the side of the fan had cracked so it definitely took a hard hit..

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I have a cracked fan too. My cc blower itself also cracked. How are the aluminum rods?

RC Champion
    Im running the Traxxas aluminum push rods and toe links on my Summit. Originally they were on my OG erevo. They have held up to some abuse when I was running my erevo. With my Summit I am pretty careful versus many here Id say. But they are much stronger then the stock ones Ill say that much. It was well worth the money to me. Ive also heard good things about the Lunsford titanium ones.

RC Qualifier
    I guess I’ll have to put them on my upgrade list.

RC Racer
    Yes, I havent abused them yet but they are much beefier... Plus the push rods are $15 per pair so its easy to make that decision after bending 10+ stocks.. The toe links on the other hand are $50 for the front or rear so thatll be down the road a bit

RC Qualifier
    You really only need the toe links on the rear because most of the time the steering spring prevents the front links from being damaged.

RC Qualifier
    Side note... for my BEC, I plan to put it into a receiver box (so its waterproof) this seem like a good place to mount it?

RC Qualifier

CC BEC is here! Im gonna get it programmed right now. Im still waiting for the receiver box to get delivered.

RC Racer
    Nice.. good luck. And nice touch with the PS3 controller.. I still use mine for all my DLd movies

RC Champion
    Youll be happy with the cc bec Peanut. Really makes things easier in the end as you can now set your voltage to match your nice servos. And know that you are getting proper amperage to them as well as voltage. It should take quite a bit of strain off the ESC. Wouldnt be surprised if you see lower temps on the ESC as well.

RC Competitor
    Man I would love to own the e revo. Haven't seen one in person and don't know anyone that has one. From videos I've seen it looks awesome and suspension is amazing.

Little research so far worries me about all the upgrades I will have to invest in on top of purchase of this truck. Rod ends ripping off, rear shock issues, straps and braces, stock tires coming apart, etc.

Batteries another concern. Don't know if batteries from my Rustlers will be compatible with the revo. Rusty batteries are shorter than the e revo and may not fit properly in battery trays. Then I run only 3s 5000 mAh in the Rustlers and maby need more mah for the e revo. Probably best to get a dedicated pair for the revo. 3s for sure.

Main use just bashing, nothing intense. Around the house, small jumps, in the street up driveways for starters. Bigger platform, larger tires, more ground clearance than the Rustler 4x4 is what I really like.

Peanut hope you don't mind me posting here on your thread but know you know a lot about these trucks and didn't want to start my own thread. Would be nice if I could drive one for myself to get a feel of this model but I guess more research and opinions of others who own this truck will be the deciding factor