Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTbone90 View Post
    I have read alot of people have issues running their rustler vxl 4x4 on 3s and breaking the stock plastic driveshafts. What has everyone found to be the better upgrade out of all the different brands to go with? I saw someone used the MIP, traxxas slash metals and they were relatively cheap. Would y'all mind send part numbers with your recommendations as well please?
    The tekno's (which are what i use) are good for racing and bashing, as long as you do not crash 50 times per bash day. If you want something really heavy duty, get the mip's. If you are just racing, get the traxxas ones. The stock plastic driveshafts do perfectly fine in the front, it is the rear ones that break. Best bang for your buck= tekno's. Overall best= MIP's. Best for racing, very light bashing, speed runs= traxxas cvds.

RC poster
    How are the GPM's?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroStarGT View Post
    I just bought a front set of GPM brand cvd's for the front of my Slash or Rustler. Have decided which one to put them on LOL. I believe they are the same size??
    How are the GPM's?

RC poster
    I need new ones, tekno look the way to go. Twisting the axle shaft out the fronts on 3s. Way too much torque on the stock plastic ones with the front end coming up and then down. Ripped front wheel clean off

If racing, get the Tekno M6s.

If bashing, get the MIP X-Dutys.

If not sure, get the MIPs.

Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

If racing, also consider an XO-1 driveshaft conversion. Like the Tekno MY, the Traxxas XO-1 driveshafts are also 6mm.

~ Coming to you live, from somewhere on planet Earth.
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Racer
    The drive shaft is a tough choice as it is. If you run 17mm wheels at all, each brand has its own set up so the 17mm hub adapter you already have? It wonít work with another brand. I have 6cars with either 6856x or 5853x adapters, if I were to get MIPS then in addition to 140 dollars for the drive shafts I need to spend another 35 on 17mm hubs. Tekno got its own thing going too with the M6ís stub axles.

The great thing about going with the XO-1 conversion is that it's already running 17mm hex, so you don't don't need to use a 12mm-to-17mm conversion hex.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    The great thing about going with the XO-1 conversion is that it's already running 17mm hex, so you don't don't need to use a 12mm-to-17mm conversion hex.

Is there a way to use my existing traxxas aluminum caster blocks and bearing carriers without having to buy the xo-1 parts? The rear carriers alone costs 70 dollars since they sell package of 1.5 and 3.5 degree ones one side at a time Ebay chopshops don’t have xo-1 parts very often

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    Is there a way to use my existing traxxas aluminum caster blocks and bearing carriers without having to buy the xo-1 parts? The rear carriers alone costs 70 dollars since they sell package of 1.5 and 3.5 degree ones one side at a time Ebay chopshops don’t have xo-1 parts very often
    The best...and only...answer I can give you is this link:

https://traxxas.com/news/slash-4x4-driveshafts

Although Traxxas originally put the info up for the Slash 4x4, it also applies to the Rustler 4x4, Stampede 4X4, and Rally VXL...and (possibly) any other Traxxas vehicles using the same parts as these.

You can use Hot Racing's 12mm to 17mm hub adapters on both Tekno and MIP CVDs.

They come in 6mm or 10mm offsets.

As mentioned before, the X0-1 is already 17mm and does not need an adapter.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

I have had the same set of MIP X-Duty's on my stampede 4x4 (same as you use on the rustler I believe) for 2 years. Most of which was 2S running though, I've only been running 3S in it since September of last year. So far so good!
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC poster
    So the X-01 driveshafts fit on the rustler 4◊4?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Boren View Post
    So the X-01 driveshafts fit on the rustler 4◊4?
    Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jtYSPg0Q4Y

RC poster
    I'm considering getting TKR6851X for the front and TKR6852X for the rear of my Rustler 4x4 VXL. I just want to make sure that they're going to be compatible. Can anyone confirm if they'll work?

If they fit the Slash 4x4 they will fit the Rustler 4x4. The arms, links and shafts are the same length and they use the same axle carriers/hubs.
    Last edited by Double G; 08-12-2019 at 03:20 PM.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by UrickHunt101 View Post
    I'm considering getting TKR6851X for the front and TKR6852X for the rear of my Rustler 4x4 VXL. I just want to make sure that they're going to be compatible. Can anyone confirm if they'll work?
    You could also go with the 6851A extreme heavy duty front and 6852A rear if that interests you. I just installed these on our 4x4 Stampede.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    You could also go with the 6851A extreme heavy duty front and 6852A rear if that interests you. I just installed these on our 4x4 Stampede.
    If I recall the Rustler already comes with the "A" version. He is referencing Tekno parts. I was confused at first but Tekno uses Traxxas's part numbers for similar products (hence the "TKR..."). Do a search online for "6851X" and you get hits on Traxxas's and Tekno's websites. Pretty smart on many accounts from a business perspective.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    If I recall the Rustler already comes with the "A" version. He is referencing Tekno parts. I was confused at first but Tekno uses Traxxas's part numbers for similar products (hence the "TKR..."). Do a search online for "6851X" and you get hits on Traxxas's and Tekno's websites. Pretty smart on many accounts from a business perspective.
    Wow that almosts seems shady lol I just installed the Traxxas ones on Wednesday and thought hey pass the info on they seem great lol. Thank you for the heads up I'll have to pay more attention.

RC Enthusiast
    MIP X-Duty are awesome. Yes they're spendy, but they're worth it.

RC Qualifier
    I also consider to get traxxas 6851r or the MIP 10132 Front X-Duty CVD Kit.
    Itís for hard bashing with huge jumps.
    Wonder if the traxxas or the mip taking the extra beat?
    So far we have the traxxas cvd at rear and it have worked fine for two years.
    But the front do get more beat when it land bad i think...
    Price is the same for both where im order it from.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12