RC Racer

My “Me Too” Orange X Maxx Build

Finally getting around to posting pics of my new Orange 8s X Maxx.. List of Upgrades below as well as the “soon to be’s”.... The “Me Too” is because I took all the typical upgrades everyone says are needed and did them from the start..

Hobbywing Max 6 ESC
    2085x Metal Gear Servo
    Traxxas Hardened 50t spur/20t pinion
    RPM Rear Hub Carriers
    RPM Hinge Pins Front/Rear
    Body Saver mod with bonded sealing washers
    Gens Ace 7200 Mah 70c 4s Lipos (XT-90 connectors)
    Flipped battery hold downs, but swapping to Pure-Tech large Velcro straps tomorrow

RC Qualifier
    Still need the RPM front and rear bumper supports
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Truck looks good, I agree with the bumper mounts, and they’re actually cheap. Other thing is to swap your body screws to something with a larger head, those will pull through those washers.

RC Racer

My “Me Too” Orange X Maxx Build

Those are sealing washer so they are galvanized rubber on one side and steel on the other… I think the whole washer would pull through the body before the bolt pulled through the washer??
    Last edited by gmoney82186; 02-11-2019 at 04:37 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmoney82186 View Post
    Those are sealing washer so they are galvanized rubber on one side and steel on the other… I think the whole washer would pull through the body before the bolt pulled through the washer??
    Good deal. Just trying to be helpful.

RC Qualifier
    I have bashed my X-Maxxes extremely hard and I have yet to have a problem with them pulling through. My bodies are fully Shoe Goo-ed and Fibataped so that probably helps too.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Racer
    Figured it was time for an update on my Maxx...

Got the Bash armor and as Grip and others have said it is well worth the money. You really can’t describe how much beefier it is until you see it in person (similar to the X Maxx).. I did Pure-Tech velcro battery straps last month but wanted something more. I saw Regularguys mod and did that yesterday. It’s overkill for now, but I don’t want to deal with the mess of removing the Pure-Tech straps and they are better for 3s packs, so I’ll leave as is for a bit.

Also, I know my ESC cables are too long. I finally got a soldering station so I will he shortening those soon. When I got my truck I had the LHS do it and he came out with it complete at that length :/

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    And this is still true, but won’t be soon...

RC Racer
    Can someone just comment “good job” or “Awesome!”... it’ll really make me feel better about the investment/fights with the wife.....

Dude, i wish i had an xmaxx, just don't got the money. Otherwise, it would look just like that thing! It definitely looks like a brute. Maybe one day...
    I like free stuff!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think your truck looks great. Is there a reason the first straps aren’t enough. I like the black anodized aluminum, if I didn’t love the green, it would be black. Nice and clean, soldering stations rock. I use mine quite often. Just let your wife know it’s a hobby that keeps you at home, not drugs or running around.

RC Racer
    Thx guys... the first straps weren’t necessarily that they were not “enough”, I just wasn’t thrilled about how they turned out. Multiple reasons. Also, I used super heavy duty double sided tape so I figured for now I’ll leave it instead of dealing with the nightmare of removal..

Also, main thing is the spartan straps are quicker and easier.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thx guys... the first straps weren’t necessarily that they were not “enough”, I just wasn’t thrilled about how they turned out. Multiple reasons. Also, I used super heavy duty double sided tape so I figured for now I’ll leave it instead of dealing with the nightmare of removal..

Also, main thing is the spartan straps are quicker and easier.
    Oh. I made CF plates and screwed them to the chassis. I get your issue now.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Oh. I made CF plates and screwed them to the chassis. I get your issue now.
    Yeah, yours look clean and tough. The Pure-Tech straps didn’t have the plastic loop to wrap around and tighten so it was hard to snug them. Yours has them

RC Competitor
    truck looks great gmoney. Is the Hobbywing ESC hard to install and calibrate?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbond12 View Post
    truck looks great gmoney. Is the Hobbywing ESC hard to install and calibrate?
    Easy to install and set up. Just need to clearance a bit on the cross bar for motor wires...

RC poster
    That looks incredible man, what an awsome feeling it was a month ago, when i saw the Fedex guy, carrying that huge box to my door step.Yours looms awsome

RC Racer
    Thanks Gino

RC poster
    Your truck looks sensational! The yard is on point also

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I think your truck looks great. Is there a reason the first straps aren’t enough.....Nice and clean, soldering stations rock. I use mine quite often. Just let your wife know it’s a hobby that keeps you at home, not drugs or running around.
    X2 Love the red anodizing on mine. Solder station rocks, Hako FX888 here.

Easy to install and set up. Just need to clearance a bit on the cross bar for motor wires...
    Agreed, but after trimming wire holder off, ended up cutting out entire cross member. Motor wires kinda short and this esc plug straight in, no lead wires. After watching Kevin’s video when he broke his in half and destroyed ESC, it appears that when stuff flexed, it broke the plugs off ESC board too. Plus much easier to get in there without it right there. Buddies running Max6 esc and only one fried after two years of abuse mostly 8s lol.
    Vaterra Team Driver
    Meow

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    There is no such thing as overkill on battery straps !
    I've ejected and damaged a pack so no such thing lol
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Racer
    Thanks everyone... Waiting on my GDS pinion and spur. For now running Traxxas 18/46 carefully. Recent updates below...

Traxxas 1.538 GTX Springs front and rear with 60wt shock oil in the rear and 30wt up front

RPM front and rear bumper supports

Castle 2028 Fan Shroud with Wild Turbo Fans (gonna have to rename this beast to the jet engine)

Traxxas Motor Mount washers

Also did some work to the P4de. New Mashers since I stripped 3 of the 4 old ones. Aluminum links, front and rear diff rebuild and Fast Eddy bearing kit.

RC Racer
    So looking deeper, the RPM hinge pins were digging into my steering blocks.

I replaced and counter sunk the pins in the top hole on the a arm. So now no interference.

I received replacement Traxxas 50/20 gears so I’ll be running those until my GDS come next week. Also, setting mesh manually. Took a couple times but I won’t go back to the pins...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    What do these help with?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    What do these help with?
    The stock supports are a weak point.. these are relatively cheap and easy to throw on