RC Qualifier

Suggestions on driveshafts...

Hey guys. I want to get some decent driveshafts. Some that will hold up to 4s with either a castle 2650kv motor or a hpi tork 2200 kv motor... would teknos be better than these...https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-10-Traxxa...!-1:rk:13:pf:0 Thanks.

RC Competitor
    Also researching d shafts. Traxxas, MIP, Teknos don't know yet. I seen no name brands on ebay, no thanks. Rather pay up front for quality than bolting on junk.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by transbrake View Post
    Also researching d shafts. Traxxas, MIP, Teknos don't know yet. I seen no name brands on ebay, no thanks. Rather pay up front for quality than bolting on junk.
    Agreed. Go MIP or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Peeeenuuutt View Post
    +1 For MIP

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Gone racing"

Quote Originally Posted by Peeeenuuutt View Post
    Even with all the reported problems related to MIP?

~ Coming to you live, from somewhere on planet Earth.
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    Even with all the reported problems related to MIP?

I have looked at many reviews of the mip shafts, and basically everyone says they are good. Lately it seems they might have quality control issues though... many people on reviews actually say tekno shafts are better than mip.

RC Qualifier
    I will get just the shafts and some pins... my redcat caldera 10e has the tekno m6 kit stock, except with longer dogbones. Also I may get aliminum hexes. Has anyone had problems with the aliminum hexes stripping the wheels?
    Thanks all.

Why not wait to upgrade until you break one, I’ve been running 4s with no issues

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by tmbold View Post
    Why not wait to upgrade until you break one, I’ve been running 4s with no issues
    That's a really good point you brought up.

I recommend either MIP X-Duty axles or the Traxxas Slash 4x4 CV axles. I have a set of MIP axles that have been in constant use since June 2011! They are still going well with no maintenance! I have recently tried the Traxxas CV axles and while I haven't ran them on more than 3s, they are a solid performer.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Running the Traxxas CVs on my Rusty 4x4, and they've been fantastic...so good that they're on my extremely-short list for my other two upcoming builds.

~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Qualifier
    I have already broken 3 shafts just on 3s. RC Superstore sent me 1 new one, but I had to make my rusty rwd to even drive it, so I am looking for some shafts...

RC Qualifier
    Did yall mean these mip's, https://www.amainhobbies.com/mip-ccv...IaAqbcEALw_wcB Or did you mean the telescoping mip x duties? Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    And has anyone had experience with hot racing cvd's? I have heard that they make superb upgrade parts...

RC Competitor
    You can get the front and rear Tekno kit and aluminum hexes for about $90 if you shop around. Seems like the best value considering what you get. Been running mine on 3s with big tires and have had no issues. I'm also not super hard on my Rustler, but I have to imagine the Tekno shafts can take some abuse.

RC Racer
    I have been reading the post for upgrading to the steel drive shafts and so I understand that the 4x4 slash one will fit the rustler 4x4. thanks

RC poster
    Thumbs up for Traxxas CVD here.
    Mostly racing on clay track, moderate jumps, no heavy bashing.

RC Racer
    No matter what axles you use they’ll al twist or break eventually,,unless you can use rebar,, that would be nice,,,,,

RC poster
    I've had the MIP xdutys on my 2wd for awhile I run a castle 3800kv on 3s with paddle tires and do alot of dig launches and they've held up great.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke s View Post
    Did yall mean these mip's, https://www.amainhobbies.com/mip-ccv...IaAqbcEALw_wcB Or did you mean the telescoping mip x duties? Thanks.
    I'm guessing they meant the telescoping x-duty's. The others are known to not hold up as well as the x-duty's, but they are lighter, so for racing they are more likely to be used.

I run those on my stampede 4x4 with 3S. Had been running 2S with a castle sct sv3/3800kv system and trencher 2.8's for over a year. Started running 3S last fall and now have 3 hours of run time with a hobbywing max10 sct/3200kv system. They are worn in the joints some, but still holding up fine.

I make it a point to check the set screws frequently that hold them on the axle. Even though I used locktite, they like to come loose. I also use bicycle chain lube on the joints and the sliding part. It's wax based, so it doesn't attract dirt, but does add some lubrication. I use that stuff on all my trucks on cvd/bone joints, spurs, hinge pins, etc. Seems to help things last longer and move freely while not attracting dirt. I put a drop or two on after every bash when inspecting for damage. White Lightning, Clean Ride. Just make sure to shake it up so the wax particles are dispersed before applying. It will leave a white coating when the liquid evaporates.
    Expert rigging at it's best!