RC Racer

Finally got my e Revo 2.0

Well after waiting for months last year due to the mess that was the e revo 2.0 release, then buying another house, I had to push off buying the revo. I finally bought a green one on Thursday. Installed a wheelie bar and aluminum chassis brace, and updated the software, which made me nervous because of all the horror stories. Everything updated fine with no issues. Took it out to run today for the first time, and here is my experience with it so far. All of the driving was done on 6s.

The thing is an absolute animal. So much power itís unreal. Ran it in training mode for a while then switched to race mode. The only other rc Iíve ever owned is a 2wd brushed stampede that I bought about a year ago, so I am by no means a pro. It actually surprised me how well mannered and easy it was to control even at high speeds.

As far as durability, it saw a few hard crashes today and had no major failures. It hit a 2x2 wood pole and broke it out of the ground, flipped over in a hard turn on the pavement going about 45-50mph, cartwheeled about 60 ft, and had multiple other flip overs and impacts (due to me driving like a fool). The only thing that happened was a rod end in the rear popped out of the swivel ball, popped it back in with a pair of pliers and away she went. I think this was caused by a huge rock that got up inside of the wheel and popped it off. That was literally the only issue I had. It had 3 pairs of batteries run through it today, two pairs back to back, charged a pair back up, and ran it again before packing it up.

Iím very happy with it so far. I was nervous at first hearing some people say these can be fragile but this one took some very solid hits today and walked them all off. Iíll keep this thread updated if I have any issues with it but so far so good.

RC Qualifier
    Yup. People suck. It's pretty durable. Also watch those motor temps, the stock motors run very hot. I blew mine up.

RC Racer
    Ok cool I’ll keep an eye on it. I have the Bluetooth card and have the motor temp sensor for the telemetry but I didn’t really watch it much today. I know after we were done running it was pretty warm, but you could still hold your hand on it without it burning you or anything

RC Qualifier
    Use the alarms in the Traxxas app for the temp. It will save you a lot of pain.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    Use the alarms in the Traxxas app for the temp. It will save you a lot of pain.
    at what temperature should the alarm be set?

Inviato dal mio SM-A310F utilizzando Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    If we’re talking about motor temp set it to 180.

RC Qualifier
    Glad to hear you had fun with it. And it keep on to ticking. Know my first run I hit the brakes to hard from wot on pavement and watched it cartwheel 30+feet, catch about 6ft of air into neighbors flower beds.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    If you have the app and bluetooth module, dial brakes back to about 50%. It will still stop hard, but it reduces the cartwheel factor. On my next outing I'm going to try dialing brakes back further to see if I can eliminate cartwheeling entirely.

I'm wondering if there's a way to put a one-way bearing in the center driveshaft to unload the front wheels under braking. Then brakes can be set at 100%, and she still won't cartwheel.

Anybody thought about that?

RC Qualifier
    Not that i know of on the one way bearing. Donít have a 2.0, but have the OG one and I had brakes set to about 25-30%. Any more then that and it wants to flip over on itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Beavis View Post
    If you have the app and bluetooth module, dial brakes back to about 50%. It will still stop hard, but it reduces the cartwheel factor. On my next outing I'm going to try dialing brakes back further to see if I can eliminate cartwheeling entirely.

I'm wondering if there's a way to put a one-way bearing in the center driveshaft to unload the front wheels under braking. Then brakes can be set at 100%, and she still won't cartwheel.

Anybody thought about that?
    Nah, 70% of breaking is done in the front wheels, if they didn't brake then you would just lock up the rear and slide around until you eventually stopped. I agree the brakes are a little heavy on this truck out of the box, not smashing the brake can help mitigate this, think of it like a real car. You don't smash full brake everytime you want to slow down. Get to know the truck and adjust to it, this is what it takes.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Racer
    I’ll set the temp alarm to 180.

I only flipped it over it’s nose once from braking, and it was while going over top of a sweeping hill so it was already a little unstable. I might try turning the braking percentage back a little but I really didn’t have much trouble with it due to over braking.

RC Racer
    One thing I forgot to mention, when I first turned the truck on, the steering servos were WAAAYYY out of alignment. The thing was humming so loud it actually made me feel like they were going to burn up in seconds. I aligned them to where they make no sound whatsoever in the center position. They’re still alive, hopefully they last.

Quote Originally Posted by justin13703 View Post
    One thing I forgot to mention, when I first turned the truck on, the steering servos were WAAAYYY out of alignment. The thing was humming so loud it actually made me feel like they were going to burn up in seconds. I aligned them to where they make no sound whatsoever in the center position. Theyíre still alive, hopefully they last.
    This is starting to appear like a "broken record". In various threads, for various vehicles, there have been several instances recently where people for brand-new Traxxas vehicles, and 'something' was wrong...yours had steering out of alignment, another had screws that were barely tightened, another had the ESC & steering servo plugged into the opposite receiver ports, and so forth. It's almost as if quality-control is going haywire.

~ Coming to you live, from somewhere on planet Earth.
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    This is starting to appear like a "broken record". In various threads, for various vehicles, there have been several instances recently where people for brand-new Traxxas vehicles, and 'something' was wrong...yours had steering out of alignment, another had screws that were barely tightened, another had the ESC & steering servo plugged into the opposite receiver ports, and so forth. It's almost as if quality-control is going haywire.

~ Coming to you live, from somewhere on planet Earth.
    That’s strange. I remember reading threads a while back where everyone was saying the first thing you need to do with any revo is align the servos. I’m pretty sure they’re just assembled and adjusting the linkages for the steering isn’t something they do. They just bolt the stuff together. So it always ends up being off.

I heard Traxxas had to warranty over 55,000 dead 2075 servos last year. Hopefully the one I have was built after they got that straightened out. We’ll see I guess. But servo mis-alignment probably played a part in some of it.