RC poster

Traxxas rustler 4x4

I have the rustler 4x4 an I want to upgrade the motor and speed control would I be able to use the creative sidewinder motor and speed control that is 6s😧🤔🤔

RC Qualifier
    The best and cheapest way to put 6s into your rustler would be to buy a Sidewinder 8th combo. I値l send a link.
    http://www.castlecreations.com/en/si...bo-010-0139-00

Look around and see where you can buy it cheapest. I found the combo for $149 back in 2015 when I put it in my slash.

Realize there are many reasons why you shouldn稚 do this.

It値l weigh your truck down and decrease its durability.
    It値l shred your drivetrain (you値l need about $100 in upgrade parts if not more)
    And batteries are expensive.

RC poster
    I have the 6400 3s I plan on changing out the driveline to something stonger

What's the end use for this truck? If you're gonna race that big ole 1/8th system isn't the best choice. If you're just gonna bash around 6s is way overkill. If you're gonna do speed runs a 6s/1/8th system might be the way to go. Figure out what you'll do most of, what cell count you'll use the most and your budget. With that info some of the helpful folks here will help. Would be nice to know what truck you have now(brushed or brushless) and what mods if any have been done. Good luck!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC poster
    Sorry to be way off topic here but I have never been in a forum before lol. I was wondering if there was a way to make a nitro rustler 4x4. If you guys had any input I would appreciate it thank you!

Take a Slayer and put larger tires on it. Maybe find a body that fits as well.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlegelbagel View Post
    Sorry to be way off topic here but I have never been in a forum before lol. I was wondering if there was a way to make a nitro rustler 4x4. If you guys had any input I would appreciate it thank you!
    there is no real way to make the 2x4 rustler a 4x4 rustler. just easer to buy the 4x4.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlegelbagel View Post
    Do you mean convert a rustler 4x4 vxl into a nitro machine? I dont see why as IMO the electric option is much better. If you still do I agree with Double G. Take a slayer get some different tires and a rustler 4x4 body, and wing...