RC Racer

Receiver antenna when using stampede box

I have the Mamba Monster X ESC going into my slash, so I read on here the stampede 4x4 box will mount up front on existing holes. One question I have for the folks that have done that is where did you run your antenna wire? I wouldn’t imagine the little blue straw clearing under the body up there but I could be wrong.

I used the Slash 4x4 stock box on my Platinum Edition and just moved it to the front. Didn't change where the antenna was.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I don't run a box top

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    I used the Slash 4x4 stock box on my Platinum Edition and just moved it to the front. Didn't change where the antenna was.
    None of the holes lined up with my stock box up front. I could have maybe got one screw in.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    I don't run a box top

I’ll run my wire over like that but i’m Going to keep the lid on. I don’t want to chance messing the receiver up. Did you put a zip tie around your esc on the plate? I was debating that and maybe roughing the surface of the plate up and using some gorilla glue hot glue to hold the mamba in.

RC Enthusiast
    I actually just did this install yesterday. I used the stock box and put one screw in since both holes don’t line up and placed 3m double sided tape on the bottom for a little extra support. Seems to be holding up well. Now if only I can figure out what the problem is with the rear of my truck.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo15 View Post
    I actually just did this install yesterday. I used the stock box and put one screw in since both holes don’t line up and placed 3m double sided tape on the bottom for a little extra support. Seems to be holding up well. Now if only I can figure out what the problem is with the rear of my truck.
    I know with this newfound speed I’m going to probably tumble quite a bit getting used to it Hahahaha. Gotta take all the precautions I can! What’s going on in the rear end?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by calebgilmore View Post
    I know with this newfound speed I’m going to probably tumble quite a bit getting used to it Hahahaha. Gotta take all the precautions I can! What’s going on in the rear end?
    I know the feeling lol. I can’t seem to get my right rear CVD to spin, it’s almost as though it’s looked up. I’m just not sure why. I have a much more detailed description of what’s going on in my thread “new slash owner starting a build”. It’s just the craziest thing. Took the car apart for some upgrades, things went smoothly for the most part, got the new ESC and motor paired up, gave it a little throttle and the rear just didn’t spin like it should.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo15 View Post
    I know the feeling lol. I can’t seem to get my right rear CVD to spin, it’s almost as though it’s looked up. I’m just not sure why. I have a much more detailed description of what’s going on in my thread “new slash owner starting a build”. It’s just the craziest thing. Took the car apart for some upgrades, things went smoothly for the most part, got the new ESC and motor paired up, gave it a little throttle and the rear just didn’t spin like it should.
    Did both diff shafts spin free? Does the whole thing spin ok with half the diff cover off? Mine was a little off and the wheel was pinching the outer bearing

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by calebgilmore View Post
    Did both diff shafts spin free? Does the whole thing spin ok with half the diff cover off? Mine was a little off and the wheel was pinching the outer bearing
    The left shaft spins freely as it should, however it doesn’t spin the right shaft in the opposite direction as it should. The right shaft doesn’t spin as freely and won’t spin the left shaft. It seems as though while I spin the right shaft, something “catches” and the left shaft will spin about a quarter turn and stop until it catches again.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I use double sided tape

no issues....

my esc and servo aren't waterproof, and I don't run in the water, so I'm good