RC Enthusiast

Speed Build - Sunday Experiment

My son and I were bored, and so we decided to "speed-up" our speed build, by soldering together a battery adapter to allow us to run 2, 3S batteries on our Mamba X / Surpass 2600KV motor. The Surpass motor is a cheap Amazon sourced unit, that cost $40 and compares specs somewhat closely with the Castle 1415. Clearly the motor is not rated for 6s, but whatever, its only $40.

We were only able to run it in front of our house, which is not very long (or straight), and hit 77mph, while only giving it half throttle. Not bad at all! The motor heated up quickly, kept it to below 160 degrees by limiting ourselves to only a couple of runs before giving it cool down time. With a long straight stretch, and nerves of steel, thinking we could potentially get close to 100.

Quick rundown of the key parts we're running:

- Slash 4x4 Ultimate
    - Mamba X esc with Surpass 2650KV motor (5mm shaft)
    - XO-1 CVDs, Differentials and 17mm hex hubs
    - GRP S3 tires
    - Mod1 gearing, 22T pinion and 38T spur
    - Revo slipper clutch
    - Dynamite GPS Unit
    - ProToForm Corvette GT Body

Here are some pics of my build:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1837852...posted-public/

RC Enthusiast
    Very sick!! I'm doing a similar build except with a high center of gravity slash. I have a surpass motor as well but a 1900kv and my esc is an Arrma blx185. Whats the difference with the slash diffs and the XO-1 diffs? The gears drop into the slash housing?

Quote Originally Posted by Fullspectrum View Post
    Very sick!! I'm doing a similar build except with a high center of gravity slash. I have a surpass motor as well but a 1900kv and my esc is an Arrma blx185. Whats the difference with the slash diffs and the XO-1 diffs? The gears drop into the slash housing?
    XO-1 diffs have an I-bar in the middle to reduce housing flex. And yes it is all drop in compatible to the slash diff.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    XO-1 diffs have an I-bar in the middle to reduce housing flex. And yes it is all drop in compatible to the slash diff.
    Sweet...Thanks for the tip brother. I will definitely look into that.

The XO-1 differential has side plates to go along with the I bar. They have to work in conjunction or it is a very weak differential.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    The XO-1 differential has side plates to go along with the I bar. They have to work in conjunction or it is a very weak differential.
    Oh I did forget that part thanks for the correction, because they are very important.