Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NOFTCHX View Post
    Can i use a set of beedlock rims with those?
    They should fit on proline split six

RC Competitor
    Hereís A thread that I started about the savox 1210sg servo people advised against me using it in my slash 4x4 ultimate.
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...avox-SW-1210sg

RC Qualifier

Brand New Slash 4x4 Build Into Slash/Backslash

Quote Originally Posted by Day3rd View Post
    Hereís A thread that I started about the savox 1210sg servo people advised against me using it in my slash 4x4 ultimate.
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...avox-SW-1210sg
    The other servo mentioned is much faster. However, I can tell you that in my general bashing conditions with 2.8Ē trenchers and a very heavy truck, the speed is plenty for me. Iím very happy with it. Itís nearly instant.

Savox does offer a 1211 that has increased speed and less torque, but the hitec one would be a better option if you are looking For a more speed.

Also, Iím fairly certain that the servo mentioned was a hitec hsb-9360th which retails for $170. Also, only runs up to 6V. At 7.4V with the 1211 you will have slightly less speed and much more torque and for much much cheaper.

If your racing with small tires and a light rig, the 1211 would be a good choice. If general bashing and might / do have a large rig the torque would be better.

Read more carefully, you already have it! Just put it in and enjoy it. Itís a very nice servo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ati; 02-19-2019 at 11:40 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ati View Post
    The other servo mentioned is much faster. However, I can tell you that in my general bashing conditions with 2.8” trenchers and a very heavy truck, the speed is plenty for me. I’m very happy with it. It’s nearly instant.

Savox does offer a 1211 that has increased speed and less torque, but the hitec one would be a better option if you are looking For a more speed.

Also, I’m fairly certain that the servo mentioned was a hitec hsb-9360th which retails for $170. Also, only runs up to 6V. At 7.4V with the 1211 you will have slightly less speed and much more torque and for much much cheaper.

If your racing with small tires and a light rig, the 1211 would be a good choice. If general bashing and might / do have a large rig the torque would be better.

Read more carefully, you already have it! Just put it in and enjoy it. It’s a very nice servo!

So do you run a savox 1210 servo right now? And if so do you need an external bec?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Day3rd View Post
    So do you run a savox 1210 servo right now? And if so do you need an external bec?
    You donít need a BEC if your running a 2s. But if you want to run it at below or above 7.4V, you will need a BEC.

I use my internal castle BEC. I run it at 7.5V because I run on 3s.

What system do you have?

Also, Iím fairly certain that the servo mentioned was a hitec hsb-9360th which retails for $170. Also, only runs up to 6V.
    Correct...and incorrect. You are correct in regards to the model of the servo I mentioned...but, you are incorrect in that it "maxes out" at 6V. The 0.08sec speed I mentioned is @ 6V, but, at 7.4V (it's max), it's 0.06sec. As for the price, yes, it's wickedly expensive, but it's also wickedly fast, with aluminum case (plastic top/bottom), and titanium gears. That being said, while I'll probably be using Hitec servos in my Slash 4x4 & Rustler 4x4 chassis projects, I'm going to be putting a Savox in my TLR 8ight-XE.

~ Coming to you live, from somewhere on planet Earth.
    Last edited by Panther6834; 02-20-2019 at 11:18 AM.
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Qualifier

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    Correct...and incorrect. You are correct in regards to the model of the servo I mentioned...but, you are incorrect in that it "maxes out" at 6V. The 0.08sec speed I mentioned is @ 6V, but, at 7.4V (it's max), it's 0.06sec. As for the price, yes, it's wickedly expensive, but it's also wickedly fast, with aluminum case (plastic top/bottom), and titanium gears. That being said, while I'll probably be using Hitec servos in my Slash 4x4 & Rustler 4x4 chassis projects, I'm going to be putting a Savox in my TLR 8ight-XE.

Sorry, on their servo chart they didnt have specs listed for 7.4V. They had 4.8, and 6V listed.

Disregard that. Not sure what I was looking at but i found the correct specs.

And titanium gears are stronger, but I havenít had a problem with my steel gears.
    Last edited by ati; 02-20-2019 at 11:53 AM.

Sorry, on their servo chart they didnt have specs listed for 7.4V. They had 4.8, and 6V listed.

Disregard that. Not sure what I was looking at but i found the correct specs.

And titanium gears are stronger, but I havenít had a problem with my steel gears.
    That strange...VERY strange...because, when I check their site, it ONLY lists 6V & 7.4V. There is no '4.8V' mentioned. As for the steel vs titanium gears, yea, depending on your use, you might not ever notice a difference. As my first Rusty will see both street & track use (but little racing, due to my other three projects), I felt the titanium gears were work the extra cost...the same with the aluminum case.

However, as the other three vehicles (until I build up my 5th & 6th vehicles...one SC truck & one buggy...both of which will be my first 2WD vehicles) are intended for track/race-only, they will all user steel-gear servos, probably with plastic cases. Already purchased the first one (Savox, along with a HW ESC & motor), for use in the 8ight-XE. Now, if only the other parts for that buggy would arrive (a few of them are being delivered today), I could build the darn thing.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    That strange...VERY strange...because, when I check their site, it ONLY lists 6V & 7.4V. There is no '4.8V' mentioned. As for the steel vs titanium gears, yea, depending on your use, you might not ever notice a difference. As my first Rusty will see both street & track use (but little racing, due to my other three projects), I felt the titanium gears were work the extra cost...the same with the aluminum case.

However, as the other three vehicles (until I build up my 5th & 6th vehicles...one SC truck & one buggy...both of which will be my first 2WD vehicles) are intended for track/race-only, they will all user steel-gear servos, probably with plastic cases. Already purchased the first one (Savox, along with a HW ESC & motor), for use in the 8ight-XE. Now, if only the other parts for that buggy would arrive (a few of them are being delivered today), I could build the darn thing.

Seems to me like a high speed lower torque would be better for track...

Yea, my bad I just read wrong. Your right about voltage.

Seems to me like a high speed lower torque would be better for track...

Yea, my bad I just read wrong. Your right about voltage.

Seems to me like a high speed lower torque would be better for track.
    That depends entirely on what you're racing, and what you're racing on. Starting with speed, honestly, between on- & off-road, and between 2WD & 4WD, I don't know. As for torque...off-road racing requires more torque than flat-track racing. Also, a 4WD (on-, or off-road) would need higher torque than 2WD, as the front end is doing steering AND propulsion duties.

Think of it this way - a spinning wheel requires more inertia to turn than a stationary wheel, plus a spinning wheel under power requires more inertia to turn than a freely spinning wheel. There's a few fantastic science experiments you can do which proves both points. The Exploritorium, in San Francisco used to (it might still be there) have an example of one, which used a bicycle wheel/tire mounted to a rod that you held.

RC Qualifier

I agree that a 2wd does not need as much torque.

I donít race and am not certain, but it seems that racing is usually done with light rigs and smaller tires.

It seems like more speed would be better since the rig is lighter than a basher would be. I purposely chose more torque. (1210 over 1211) for my heavy and upgraded basher.

But I could be wrong.
    Last edited by ati; 02-20-2019 at 01:21 PM.

RC Competitor
    You don’t need a BEC if your running a 2s. But if you want to run it at below or above 7.4V, you will need a BEC.

I use my internal castle BEC. I run it at 7.5V because I run on 3s.

What system do you have?
    I just have the stock system currently in my slash 4x4 and I am running a 2s Lipo.

I got the aluminum hex hubs installed. Now on to the next hopup.

Sent from my SM-J327R4 using Tapatalk
    "Theres not bad people, just bad choices."

Next im installing a HOT RACING servo arm and bearing to replace the bushing in the bellcrank.

I got the aluminum hex hubs installed. Now on to the next hopup.

Are you going to shim the front shocks away from the shock tower to eliminate the contact between the spring and camber link that happens as the suspension cycles????

Quote Originally Posted by T-N-T View Post
    Are you going to shim the front shocks away from the shock tower to eliminate the contact between the spring and camber link that happens as the suspension cycles????
    That's exactly what I had to do, when I installed the Pro-Line ProSpec shocks on my Rustler 4x4.

I do have some different sizes spacers i can use. So i might. I do have clearance though from the camber link and the drive shaft. If you look at the first picture you can see the space between them.

F.y.i to people the slash ultimate comes with bearings instead of bushing in the bellcrank. I awesomed it was like the two stampedes i have. So no need to wonder or change them out. Unless you want to put metal shielded bearings in or ceramic bearings. Unfortunately to the metal servo arm i have from HOT RACING doesn't fit with the lcg chassis. Does anyone know a good servo arm thatll fit?

RC Qualifier
    F.y.i to people the slash ultimate comes with bearings instead of bushing in the bellcrank. I awesomed it was like the two stampedes i have. So no need to wonder or change them out. Unless you want to put metal shielded bearings in or ceramic bearings. Unfortunately to the metal servo arm i have from HOT RACING doesn't fit with the lcg chassis. Does anyone know a good servo arm thatll fit?
    https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=SLF25SH06;c=805

I use Losi's TLR1557:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-lo...lr1557/p203507

The thread at the end is different then Traxxas. Simply tap it to 3M. Done.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

This is the one I used on my new Ultimate along with the STRC bellcrank parts. All of the parts fit great.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by T-N-T View Post
    This is the one I used on my new Ultimate along with the STRC bellcrank parts. All of the parts fit great.
    I use it with hot racingís bell crank. Love both. The strc one felt a bit sloppier for me.

Thank you guys. I think im gonna go with the hot racing one maybe still thinking. Now do any of you think it makes a difference even a slight difference by having a metal/aluminum servo horn compared to the stock plastic horn?

Thank you guys. I think im gonna go with the hot racing one maybe still thinking. Now do any of you think it makes a difference even a slight difference by having a metal/aluminum servo horn compared to the stock plastic horn?
    If the whole steering system is metal there is no planned break point. Mine is all metal except for the servo horn still using stock. I even have the losi one purchased and waiting in my parts bin but I like having one point planned to break if something happens. And the servo horn is a cheap part. Other than that nothing really.

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    If the whole steering system is metal there is no planned break point. Mine is all metal except for the servo horn still using stock. I even have the losi one purchased and waiting in my parts bin but I like having one point planned to break if something happens. And the servo horn is a cheap part. Other than that nothing really.
    Well there is the servo saver in the steering linkage, which is designed to help protect against breaking steering parts and the servo.

I have my bell cranks servo saver adjusted so it isn't tightened too tight and is lubed with some light synthetic grease so it moves freely when needed. My servo also uses metal gears.

I have the hot racing bellcrank in bothe my p4des along with metal servo horns and i have them both greased with tlr high temp grease/black grease. My slash 4x4 still has the stock bellcrank and i didn't noticed a difference really between those and the slash when it came to steering. Having something stronger though would be nice. Im going to stick with hot racing when i do get a chance to buy a bellcrank. I wish traxxas made a metal/aluminum bellcrank for 4x4's.

Now on to the new shocks. These ones are stiffer than the stock ones. Reason why im going this route is i run 3s 8000mah batteries that are heavy and in the near future im switching out the vxl-3s esc and motor to a castle creations 2200kv and mamba monster x esc.

The front shock springs are finally replaced with stiffer springs. Im working on the rear ones now.

Alrighty I got the rear shock springs on and put back on.

Now im changing the stock slipper clutch to thw revo slipper clutch with aluminum pads. Since i have the rear out im also going to be replacing the rpm. Reason being for the rpm sensor, when i bought my slash 4x4 ultimate the rpm sensor wires are cut. Thank you to TRAXXAS for replacing that.

Got the slipper clutch together and put back in. Now onto the rpm sensor.

I got the new rpm sensor installed and spur complete and in. Now onto the last hopup i have for now. Its the MYTRICKRC DG-1 Lighting kit.

I got a little distracted and got these mirrors from TRAXXAS. Im going to put them on my slash 4x4 ultimate, give it a little more character along with the light kit. I got the front l.e.d light bar installed to. Pictures of that and the rest of the mirror and light install ill be posting soon.

Personally I would wait a few runs before putting the side mirrors on. Because it is real common to roll over sideways and the first time them mirrors are toast. Just saying you might want to get the first few crash over before putting them on. Unless you do plan to only got about 5 mph but with the MMX 2200kv combo in the future I doubt it.

Right now its still the traxxas vxl-3s setup. Even still you are right. Thats sort of why i haven't put them on yet. But for the 2200kv motor and mamba monster x esc thats going to be atleast a month or so before i get it. I was thinking of getting a new pro-line Toyota tundra trd body and asking one of GeneralPede's buddy to paint it.

That's a good looking body!

Honestly cause of you posting that on your thread is what got me to want one over the proline 2019 Chevy body. It is a sweet looking body. I how you can make it look so real. I just need to find someone who is amazing at painting bodies. I can do anything to a rc just painting im not setup especially where I live. If you know anyone please let me know.

[X] Enabler Mode

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    [X] Enabler Mode

Huh, enabler mode? I don't get that. Sorry.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast