Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Well heres the front light bar installed. Onto the body now.

Sent from my SM-J327R4 using Tapatalk
    "Theres not bad people, just bad choices."

I finally got the light buckets in. Now time to install the roof light bar than all the l.e.ds and clean up the wiring. Im still debating on the side mirrors.

Got the roof light bar on. Have the dg-1 kit hooked up. Now to installing the leds and some expanding sleeves.

RC Racer
    Where did the front bumper light bar come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    It came with the light kit i bought at my local hobby store. Its part of the MYTRICKRC Attack Offroad 1062 kit. Heres the website: https://www.mytrickrc.com/shop/attac...road-1062-kit/ you can find it anywhere online besides the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    Ive found these other light bars if this helps. https://www.teamassociated.com/parts/sounds_and_lights/ and https://www.prolineracing.com/accessories-led/

Are you using the app to turn the lights on/off with the third channel?

I honestly am just completing the light install tonight. I haven't tried it yet. Im hoping itd work. Do you think it will? Have you tried it?

I've seen it work on a friends Kids Slash but I haven't added lights to my own Slash yet. Give it time and I'm sure I will.

Right now I'm debating about buying another RC. I'm thinking either a Slash 2wd that can use my take off VXL and other parts or a TRX4.

Well once i finish the install ill let you know if it works. Im hoping so. Your two choices are nice. I guess it depends on what you're going to be using it for. I have 5 traxxas trucks, two dromida RC's and one team associated rc. All are for wheel drive. My opinion a 2wd would be nice but if your into crawling and moding than a trx4 us the way. I've looked around though and parts and stuff for the trx4 aren't cheap. Let me know what way you go. Im curious now.

I finally got all the lights installed. I used expanding sleeves on were it splits. I want to do all the wires in orange and blue expanding sleeve but i ran out so i did what I could with what I had. I just have to clean up the wiring inside the body than see how she looks on the chassis. Pictures of that coming soon. Than one last hopup i have which is rpm rod ends and traxxas blue anodized aluminum camber and toe links. Ill keep all that posted here. Hopefully by the time thats all done more parts will have arrived. Until next time

Here she is. All lights are installed and cleaned up. Waiting for a 3s lipo to charge now so I can see if the leds work with the traxxas app turning them on and off. Im going to be installing the rod ends and camber links shortly.

Looks great... but I would be afraid to roll it!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    I agree. Should have also installed a sort-of mini roof-mounted "roll cage" to protect the light bar.

~ Coming to you live, from somewhere on planet Earth.
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    I agree. Should have also installed a sort-of mini roof-mounted "roll cage" to protect the light bar.

Thank you very much first off. I appreciate that. J.w do they sell a mini roof mount roll cage or do you have any thoughts on how to make one or what i should do? Cause thats a really good idea. Id like to have a type of roll cage cause I am a little bit concerned on rolling it. Any ides would be nice?

Thank you very much bud. Its great to hear that. Would you have any ideas on a roll cage for the roof light?

Quote Originally Posted by NOFTCHX View Post
    Well once i finish the install ill let you know if it works. Im hoping so. Your two choices are nice. I guess it depends on what you're going to be using it for. I have 5 traxxas trucks, two dromida RC's and one team associated rc. All are for wheel drive. My opinion a 2wd would be nice but if your into crawling and moding than a trx4 us the way. I've looked around though and parts and stuff for the trx4 aren't cheap. Let me know what way you go. Im curious now.
    I have a TRX4 Defender on it's way, it should be it Friday.

Thank you very much bud. Its great to hear that. Would you have any ideas on a roll cage for the roof light?
    All the cages/roof racks just mount to the roof of the body. Seems like it would tear unless supported/strengthened from underneath.

Not sure about the dims of the stock roof, but RPB Hobby has a good selection you may be able to mod:
    https://www.rpphobby.com/SearchResul...show=60&page=1

Here's one by Pro-Line:

https://www.prolineracing.com/access...-roof-rack.asp

I wonder what the light output would be if mounted upside down in the cab shining through the front window. Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by T-N-T View Post
    I have a TRX4 Defender on it's way, it should be it Friday.
    Awesome man. Good choice. Gotta let us know how you like it and how it comes out.

All the cages/roof racks just mount to the roof of the body. Seems like it would tear unless supported/strengthened from underneath.

Not sure about the dims of the stock roof, but RPB Hobby has a good selection you may be able to mod:

Here's one by Pro-Line:

I wonder what the light output would be if mounted upside down in the cab shining through the front window. Hmmm...
    The pro-line one looks nice and that it would fit. Im trying to find the dimensions. You have a good idea though mounting it on the inside. For the future im gonna try it. The slash 4x4 ultimate body windows are painted and stickered up. So the next body im gonna try it. For now im thinking that proline roof rack thank you. I really like it.

Dims are listed under “features.”
    4.5” x 4.5” x 1”

Thatd fit with room to spare. Sweet, thanks for the info. I think im gonna get it. Ill just need a new light bar cause the one i have on is 6 inches. Well worth getting that rack and light bar for my future body which is a proline toyota tundra trd.

Here's one by Pro-Line:

I like that.

I have a possible solution regarding your worry about a rack tearing the roof. Using the Pro-Line rack (above) as one possible example, you could order Traxxas part #6719 (Rustler 4x4 Body Support), cut off the windshield support bars (the two long sections), and use the remaining "square" section to mount the rack to the roof. You would then bolt the roof rack (on top of roof) to the Rustler body support (on underside of roof), although as for how to bolt the two together, that you might have to "play around" with various options until you figured out what works best. Heck, I just might try this myself...possibly on my Rustler.

Awesome man. Good choice. Gotta let us know how you like it and how it comes out.
    Will do, Odds are I'm going to replace the ESC and the steering servo right away. Hopefully I can keep it from becoming Money Pit #2.

I'm still probably going to buy a base 2wd Slash to put most of my take off parts onto. I'll use it for big air, stupid bashing and racing the kids at the LHS. I have too much $$$ tied up in my Slash 4x4 to trash it with those "hey watch this" moments.

Your not alone there bud. I have 2 stampede 4x4's and a slash 4x4. So now im looking for a roller to put all the extra parts i have into it. I literally have a protek rc hauler bag with four out five drawers full of parts from moding the two pedes to the max and the slash is not far behind it. But to have something to completely bash on like your saying would be awesome. The trx4 is only going to be a money pit if you choose to. Getting a new servo is a great start. What servo where you thinking of? Also why are you replacing the esc? You replacing the motor to?

Your not alone there bud. I have 2 stampede 4x4's and a slash 4x4. So now im looking for a roller to put all the extra parts i have into it. I literally have a protek rc hauler bag with four out five drawers full of parts from moding the two pedes to the max and the slash is not far behind it. But to have something to completely bash on like your saying would be awesome. The trx4 is only going to be a money pit if you choose to. Getting a new servo is a great start. What servo where you thinking of? Also why are you replacing the esc? You replacing the motor to?
    I'm probably just going with a Power HD WP-23HD servo and a WP 1080 brushed ESC. That ESC has some nice adjustments, it's supposed to better for crawling and has an internal BEC that can handle the new servo for only $40.00. The takeoff servo will go into the 2wd Slash since it has the metal gears(2075X).

That's a good start. Whered you find a esc for that cheap? Are they reliable and of good quality?

That's a good start. Whered you find a esc for that cheap? Are they reliable and of good quality?
    That's the going rate for them and they have a great reputation. It even comes with the programmer.

Wow i got to try them. Do you have a website i can check that out at?

Fyi to everyone when i went to change out the plastic bearing adapter to the aluminum one, the slash 4x4 ultimate comes with one already installed. I didn't know that and bought one.

Heres the camber links with the rpm rod ends. I just have to take the ones of the slash and reuse the hollow balls than put these on.

Heres the camber links with the rpm rod ends. I just have to take the ones of the slash and reuse the hollow balls than put these on.
    Just be careful using them. From what I understand, RPM uses a different plastic, so the durability of the turnbuckle ends could be "problematic". At the same time, if you're bashing, their A-Arms are great.

Wow i got to try them. Do you have a website i can check that out at?
    It's for brushed motors and from https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/

For ESCs & motors, HW send to be all I'm doing now. Put Tekin in my first Rustler, but my second, as well as my TLR 8ight-XE & 22 5.0 SR will all have HW (my Slash will probably also end up with HW).

I know this is a slash forum but while im waiting on parts for my new slash i decided to take out my p4de and maintenance her and clean her up. I just had to show.

Looks nice! What does it look like all together and with the body on? I like those shock socks!
    I like free stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    For ESCs & motors, HW send to be all I'm doing now. Put Tekin in my first Rustler, but my second, as well as my TLR 8ight-XE & 22 5.0 SR will all have HW (my Slash will probably also end up with HW).

Wow thats quite a collection. How is the tekin esc? Ive been wanting one for a long time. Just expensive. I didn't know that about the rpm rod ends. I knew the a-arms are good. I have two sets of blue a-arms you just reminded me of that i got for both of my p4des before I did the proline extension a-arms.

Quote Originally Posted by T-N-T View Post
    It's for brushed motors and from https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/
    Good looking out. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp2deSummit View Post
    Looks nice! What does it look like all together and with the body on? I like those shock socks!
    Ill have it back together tomorrow and ill post pictures. It is nice. Every hopup you can do basically.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast