Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    45

    my newbee question thread!

    so 1st question is why cant i post up any pic?

    all question i have abot the e revo will be in this thread
    Last edited by primal basher; 02-15-2019 at 03:12 AM.

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    255
    Get app on phone Tapatalk. Life will be better then.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    45
    going bashing this weekend. and need to know what spare parts i should keep on hand at all time?

  4. #4
    RC Champion FnFancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Los Al California
    Posts
    1,631
    What E-Revo do you have, o.g. or 2.0?
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

  5. #5
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    What E-Revo do you have, o.g. or 2.0?
    i have the 2.0

  6. #6
    RC Champion FnFancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Los Al California
    Posts
    1,631
    Honestly, unless you plan on being an extremely "spirited " operator of the 2.0, it's a very stout truck. Electronics, servos mostly, will be your weak link. Spend a few minutes prior to heading out to make sure your servos are aligned and synced up. Then, get to know the truck! Learn it, you'll be able to enjoy it more if you don't go pedal the the metal right off the bat. Once you know the truck, it will take almost everything you can throw at it! Now, go have fun.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

  7. #7
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    45
    well i went to the shop and picked up part # 5338r toe links and some rpm rod ends ( long) and my son walk out with the rustler 4x4 vxl. all ready had it apart to get the grub screw out of the spur gear. lesson #1 check the grub screw that hold the pinion gear in place.

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    255
    A spur gear to have on hand is helpful. I think that toe link is for the v1.0 n 4mm don't think it works on 2.0 double check the parts catalog for the 2.0. most 2.0 parts have a 8xxx number. 8638 is toe link shafts. Front or rear. 5mm The end r another part. I just noticed I have the 8638 on my work bench as I type this...

    I don't have the parts explosion I. Front of me to know what the ends are.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    A spur gear to have on hand is helpful. I think that toe link is for the v1.0 n 4mm don't think it works on 2.0 double check the parts catalog for the 2.0. most 2.0 parts have a 8xxx number. 8638 is toe link shafts. Front or rear. 5mm The end r another part. I just noticed I have the 8638 on my work bench as I type this...

    I don't have the parts explosion I. Front of me to know what the ends are.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    yes they do work seen many poeple use them on the rear end. also looking for 2 shock rebild kits and back brace

    who make a good metal spur gear?

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    255
    Stick with the plastic spur gear. You want this to be the weak point on the drive train. Going to metal means other parts will break instead. Which are much more expensive. And harder to replace. Ring gears for diffs are 40$... Spur gears are 9$ish

    I've stuck with Amazon for my parts .. my lhs doesn't carry. 2.0 parts. One lhs 45 mins away has some parts...

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    Stick with the plastic spur gear. You want this to be the weak point on the drive train. Going to metal means other parts will break instead. Which are much more expensive. And harder to replace. Ring gears for diffs are 40$... Spur gears are 9$ish

    I've stuck with Amazon for my parts .. my lhs doesn't carry. 2.0 parts. One lhs 45 mins away has some parts...

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    i really hate ordering online

  12. #12
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    45
    what the best way to video r c bashing?

  13. #13
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    45
    AFTER replacing the a-arms i don't have any streering. it works when i turn the truck upside down but when right side up it does not work. what wrong?

  14. #14
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    2
    AFTER replacing the a-arms i don't have any streering. it works when i turn the truck upside down but when right side up it does not work. what wrong?
    Did you find the problem? I have had this type of issue. But, I never able to solve it myself.

  15. #15
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    255
    I think you over tightened the caps for your pillow balls. To tight and will loose steering and suspension travel.

    I normally take all way in then back off 1/2 turn at a time while checking for suspension travel. And loosing as needed for steering and suspension.

    Once you have weight of the rig on the tires it may bind up more.




    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    RC Qualifier IndyBama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Bama
    Posts
    467
    Wen ordering online, i try to order extra of the parts that tend to fail more often. It sucks to be on the side lines n have to watch everybody else have fun til u get new parts in from online order.

    Loss of steering im goina agree is probably the pillowballs bein to tight. Had that issue the first time i had to change an a-arm.

    Like fancy said, get to know your truck before u go full pedal. Learn its limits slowly n your own. I havent driven the 2.0, but my OG erbe is a beast! I love it! But most of all, have fun. Bash it but dont trash it!

    Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    45
    thanks guys that was the issure

  18. #18
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    45
    i need new tries.
    any suggestings?

  19. #19
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    255
    Badlands mx38 is my recommendation for general bashing. with no knowledge of your terrain you run on.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    Badlands mx38 is my recommendation for general bashing. with no knowledge of your terrain you run on.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    any thing and every thing..
    does the the weight of the tries cause issuress with the drive train? e revo 2.0

  21. #21
    RC Champion FnFancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Los Al California
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by primal basher View Post
    any thing and every thing..
    does the the weight of the tries cause issuress with the drive train? e revo 2.0
    I've run the badlands on the 2.0, while big and heavy I didn't encounter any issues with the drive train.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •