RC Enthusiast

my newbee question thread!

so 1st question is why cant i post up any pic?

all question i have abot the e revo will be in this thread
    Last edited by primal basher; 02-15-2019 at 03:12 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Get app on phone Tapatalk. Life will be better then.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    going bashing this weekend. and need to know what spare parts i should keep on hand at all time?

What E-Revo do you have, o.g. or 2.0?
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    What E-Revo do you have, o.g. or 2.0?
    i have the 2.0

Honestly, unless you plan on being an extremely "spirited " operator of the 2.0, it's a very stout truck. Electronics, servos mostly, will be your weak link. Spend a few minutes prior to heading out to make sure your servos are aligned and synced up. Then, get to know the truck! Learn it, you'll be able to enjoy it more if you don't go pedal the the metal right off the bat. Once you know the truck, it will take almost everything you can throw at it! Now, go have fun.

RC Enthusiast
    well i went to the shop and picked up part # 5338r toe links and some rpm rod ends ( long) and my son walk out with the rustler 4x4 vxl. all ready had it apart to get the grub screw out of the spur gear. lesson #1 check the grub screw that hold the pinion gear in place.

RC Qualifier
    A spur gear to have on hand is helpful. I think that toe link is for the v1.0 n 4mm don't think it works on 2.0 double check the parts catalog for the 2.0. most 2.0 parts have a 8xxx number. 8638 is toe link shafts. Front or rear. 5mm The end r another part. I just noticed I have the 8638 on my work bench as I type this...

I don't have the parts explosion I. Front of me to know what the ends are.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    A spur gear to have on hand is helpful. I think that toe link is for the v1.0 n 4mm don't think it works on 2.0 double check the parts catalog for the 2.0. most 2.0 parts have a 8xxx number. 8638 is toe link shafts. Front or rear. 5mm The end r another part. I just noticed I have the 8638 on my work bench as I type this...

I don't have the parts explosion I. Front of me to know what the ends are.

yes they do work seen many poeple use them on the rear end. also looking for 2 shock rebild kits and back brace

who make a good metal spur gear?

RC Qualifier
    Stick with the plastic spur gear. You want this to be the weak point on the drive train. Going to metal means other parts will break instead. Which are much more expensive. And harder to replace. Ring gears for diffs are 40$... Spur gears are 9$ish

I've stuck with Amazon for my parts .. my lhs doesn't carry. 2.0 parts. One lhs 45 mins away has some parts...

RC Enthusiast
    Stick with the plastic spur gear. You want this to be the weak point on the drive train. Going to metal means other parts will break instead. Which are much more expensive. And harder to replace. Ring gears for diffs are 40$... Spur gears are 9$ish

I've stuck with Amazon for my parts .. my lhs doesn't carry. 2.0 parts. One lhs 45 mins away has some parts...

i really hate ordering online

RC Enthusiast
    what the best way to video r c bashing?

RC Enthusiast
    AFTER replacing the a-arms i don't have any streering. it works when i turn the truck upside down but when right side up it does not work. what wrong?

RC poster
    AFTER replacing the a-arms i don't have any streering. it works when i turn the truck upside down but when right side up it does not work. what wrong?
    Did you find the problem? I have had this type of issue. But, I never able to solve it myself.

RC Qualifier
    I think you over tightened the caps for your pillow balls. To tight and will loose steering and suspension travel.

I normally take all way in then back off 1/2 turn at a time while checking for suspension travel. And loosing as needed for steering and suspension.

Once you have weight of the rig on the tires it may bind up more.

Wen ordering online, i try to order extra of the parts that tend to fail more often. It sucks to be on the side lines n have to watch everybody else have fun til u get new parts in from online order.

Loss of steering im goina agree is probably the pillowballs bein to tight. Had that issue the first time i had to change an a-arm.

Like fancy said, get to know your truck before u go full pedal. Learn its limits slowly n your own. I havent driven the 2.0, but my OG erbe is a beast! I love it! But most of all, have fun. Bash it but dont trash it!

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    thanks guys that was the issure

RC Enthusiast
    i need new tries.
    any suggestings?

RC Qualifier
    Badlands mx38 is my recommendation for general bashing. with no knowledge of your terrain you run on.

RC Enthusiast
    Badlands mx38 is my recommendation for general bashing. with no knowledge of your terrain you run on.

any thing and every thing..
    does the the weight of the tries cause issuress with the drive train? e revo 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by primal basher View Post
    any thing and every thing..
    does the the weight of the tries cause issuress with the drive train? e revo 2.0
    I've run the badlands on the 2.0, while big and heavy I didn't encounter any issues with the drive train.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk