RC Enthusiast

2 door jeep questions

When I bought my trx4 I bought it with my inheritance from my grandpa. And he had a yellow 2 door jeep and I was thinking it would be cool to do a 2 door jeep build to honor him. So do you guys know of any 2 door jeeps that fit either with a little modification or none at all?

What version do you have?

I think the closest you are going to find is Proline's Jeep body (link below). The problem is that it is only 11.8", which means shortening up the links quite a bit. I don't know if you can take all of that from the back, or you'll have to shave some off of the front links as well.

https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies...clear-body.asp
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Damalife View Post
    When I bought my trx4 I bought it with my inheritance from my grandpa. And he had a yellow 2 door jeep and I was thinking it would be cool to do a 2 door jeep build to honor him. So do you guys know of any 2 door jeeps that fit either with a little modification or none at all?
    The Proline Jeep body will work with just shorting the rear links and drive shaft. The Proline Jeep fits a 11.8" wheelbase. I put an RC4WD Blazer body on one of my TRX4s and the Blazer has a 11.4" wheelbase.

RC Enthusiast
    I have a red defender. So is there somebody that I can just buy drive shafts and links from? All I have for a tool is a Dremel. And last question do you need to cut the frame after you get the links all on?

RC Competitor
    I have a red defender. So is there somebody that I can just buy drive shafts and links from? All I have for a tool is a Dremel. And last question do you need to cut the frame after you get the links all on?
    A dremel with a cut off wheel is all you need. The drive shafts are plastic so it would be easy to cut. For the links all you need is a piece of 4mm all thread and 1/4" tubing and both can easily be cut with a dremel. As for the chassis you should be fine. You could figure out the length of links you need and check and see if your LHS can match them.

RC Enthusiast
    Can you explain how to make the links?

RC Competitor
    Cut the 4mm all thread the length you need and reuse the rod ends from the original links and screw them on. Measure the distance between the rod ends and cut the 1/4" tubing to fit. Remove one of the rod ends and slide the tubing on over the all thread and screw the rod end on till it touches the tubing. Hopefully this makes sense, if not let me know and I can post a picture tomorrow.

RC Competitor
    Check out this pic af my Blazer. The rear links are custom made.
    https://postimg.cc/pp32Lc9x

RC Enthusiast
    Ok makes sense. I'll go to the local hard ware store and try it out. Thanks for that! Now I just got to buy the body.