Thread: Squirrl emaxx

RC Competitor

Squirrl emaxx

hi,
    may sound like a stupid question( very new to the elec. veh`s) but i have a brushless emaxx and have
    2- 2s 7.4v 5000mah 40c batts running on it and it gets really squirrely on take-off. its runs fine once it settles out but if i just connect one of the batteries will it not be so jumpy when i first start out?

i reallly dont want to re-program the esc since i`m still new to elec. veh`s so i was just wondering if this would work.

p.s... i have the 2.0 telemetry & gps installed so if something can be done via the link & traxxas app. instead of just running only one of the batteries i could look into that also. but please let me know what you think of just running one battery first.

thanks!

RC Qualifier
    You should be able to dial back the throttle rate in the app to lower the speed. You need 2 batteries I believe to run the emaxx anyhow. Best bet is to go into the app and lower the throttle percentage and use it that way. It will be slower. You may also be able to mess with the throttle curve as well to make it less squirrelly on take off.

RC Competitor
    ok i`ll try that. like i said i didnt know about the batteries though.
    thank you!