RC poster

Thinking of purchasing an Aton and need info.

What is the real world flight time of the 5000 mah in sport mode? Also I saw a guy on a video having a little trouble with the 5000 and getting the compartment door closed. He had no problem with a 3000. Any body have trouble and if so, is there a little trick to it to make it easier?

It all depends how aggressive you are in sport mode, I could go from 8 minutes to 15/20 minutes. The 2872x is a little long but will fit. That is probably what you saw being used. We do have another 5000mah that will fit easier 2832x.
    Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

RC poster
    Thank you. Just the info I needed

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfan View Post
    What is the real world flight time of the 5000 mah in sport mode? Also I saw a guy on a video having a little trouble with the 5000 and getting the compartment door closed. He had no problem with a 3000. Any body have trouble and if so, is there a little trick to it to make it easier?
    15 minutes depending on how you fly with 5000 MAH. Perform this mod and you can fit the larger Traxxas 5000 MAH batteries:

I have logged around 100 flights with my Atons and I have never had an issue with the mod not working.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Qualifier
    I've been up more than 18 mins with the 5000mah.. flying easy of course

RC poster
    I get about 15 minutes in sport mode with a heavy throttle thumb and the regular 5000mah battery which fits just fine.