RC poster

EZ peak charger too high/low voltage error code. PLEASE HELP!!

Gents, need some help on this one. Went to charge a battery to storage mode, got the error for battery voltage is to high or low to charge safely error on the EZ peak charger. Battery wasn't low because the crawlers low voltage hadn't kicked in. Thinking the voltage was to high, I ran the RC until the low voltage detector kicked in. Tried to charge the battery to storage, same problem. any ideas? FY, I've been using a lectron LIPO and charging on manual mode.

Last edited by DI8E11; 02-19-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Do you have a multimeter or voltmeter with which you can check the voltage of each cell?
    Make sure that the balance tap contacts are clean and seat fully in the port.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    And also always charge on balance mode.

RC poster
    I'll be stopping by my LHS today maybe they can help. What's my time window to get this done before permanent damage starts to the battery?

RC Competitor
    LVC is not at a damage-causing level for short term storage. Not an ideal level, but not damage causing. It is my understanding that it is far worse to store a LIPO fully charged than to store it discharged to a level of 3.2V / cell or higher, even if that is not "storage" voltage. So I wouldn't sweat it for at least a week.

Like others, I'm guessing you have either have a cell that got overdischarged or you have a bad balance wire. I've had good luck with my EZPeak so far. The only battery of mine it refused to charge was an old pack recently rediscovered that over the course of a couple of years had discharged to about 2V per cell.

RC poster
    Quick update. Got a buddy to test it with a multimeter. Got a 7.3V reading from the main connector and balance cable.

Testing adjacent balance tap terminals will show individual cell voltages.
    Doesn't see like that's the problem though.

RC Competitor
    ... unless one wire of the balance connector is broken. If poking around with the multimeter did not reveal any 3.x Volt readings, that might be why his charger rejects the pack. No wire from point between the two cells will result in the ability to read the voltage across the entire pack but not across the individual cells.

Quote Originally Posted by BMcD308 View Post
    ... unless one wire of the balance connector is broken. If poking around with the multimeter did not reveal any 3.x Volt readings, that might be why his charger rejects the pack. No wire from point between the two cells will result in the ability to read the voltage across the entire pack but not across the individual cells.
    You are correct and I am glad to have helped.