RC Qualifier

Metal spur gear options?

Hey guys. I am upgrading to brushless power. Currently, my main issue is that the spur gear gets stripped. Does anyone know of any metal spur gear options for the teton? Thanks.

My Dad is running a 61 tooth hot racing spur. I find it funny that you guys strip spur gears. I ran my old brushless SST on 3s and I shredded the steel diffs and no damage done to the plastic spur.
    Who needs coffee when you have a 10KV+ capacitor?

RC Qualifier

Metal spur gear options?

Itís bad mesh is all it is. Iíve used the same spur gears between my erevo brushless gen 1 and my Summit for many years. If you mesh the spur and pinion correctly you wonít have issues with stripping gears. All adding a metal spur gear will do us transfer the damage to the tranny and other parts. It may be wise to learn how to mesh spur and pinion. But if you must go the metal route look into Robinson Racing. Not sure if they have metal spur gears for the Teton.

RC Qualifier
    Have not stripped out the spur yet with my 370 brushless motor, but i am thinking it may happen. i have plastic diffs, are steel worth the work to upgrade? Thanks.