Thread: Meet Millie

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Meet Millie

Put our Pug down about 6 Weeks ago. What a hard thing. Enough time had passed for Sampson to be lonely and need a buddy.
    Meet Millie, a 6 week old Chocolate Lab

Been 15 years since Iíve dealt with a puppy. What a job.

Sorry to hear about your Pug, but congrats on the puppy! She's adorable.

Labs are great dogs. Owned one for close to 13 years. Wish you the best with her!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Gone racing"

I'm also sorry to hear about your Pug. They dig their way into your heart and family...makes saying good bye really tough. Been there more than once...really hard! Puppies are challenging for sure but well worth the effort. Labs are great dogs...Millie will pick up on things quickly. Congrats on the new family member...she's gorgeous! Savannah says hi!!

Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Qualifier
    Sorry to hear the bad news. The new puppy is cute. How come their always cute as puppies and have to grow up. Yes puppies are alot of work, it's like having a child. Maybe even worse, lol, don't tell my wife I said that.

Our puppy we have at home is a big handful. No matter how well you think you put away everything he always finds something hidden or something you didn't see and run off with it. Our puppy is my wife's pride and joy, in fact I think she loves her english springer spaniel more than me and the kids.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Sorry for your loss. Your new addition should keep you fairly busy.

Sorry to hear about your pug. My sister's pug will be 13 in 4 days.

I am glad that Sampson has a new friend to play with!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks for all the comments guys. Chloe was 14. She was great and had a great life. Millie is adjusting nicely, sheís got some sharp teeth.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Thanks for all the comments guys. Chloe was 14. She was great and had a great life. Millie is adjusting nicely, she’s got some sharp teeth.
    My 2 German shorthairs are over 13 (brother & sister) and I'm not looking forward to when that time comes, a new addition helps take the mind off of the loss. Before you know it those sharp little teeth will fall out and the soft mouth labs are known for will be there.

We had a black lab that my wife had before we got married. We had to put her down because she had stomach cancer. 4 kids later we now have a white lab it would have been chocolate lab but she was spoken for. I hope your new puppy brings you and your family great joy

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Myrustlervxl; 01-15-2019 at 09:43 PM.
    Good work isn't cheap, cheap work isn't good

Put our Pug down about 6 Weeks ago. What a hard thing. Enough time had passed for Sampson to be lonely and need a buddy.

Been 15 years since I’ve dealt with a puppy. What a job.
    All of our children have paws, so I know how hard it is to have to say goodbye to one of them.

Cute pup. We are thinking about getting another one, but not looking forward to dealing with all of the work that a puppy needs to become a good house dog. You did pick a doozy though, chocolate labs have pure crack going through their veins, lots of energy.

As for us, my wife and I are split. I'd like to get a black-nosed cur dog, she wants a golden-doodle... We get a lot of questions about the dog we have now, he is an Anatolian Shepard, we explain that the bread is bread to guard livestock from wolves, lions, and other big hunters. I just can't see explaining that I have a golden-doodle. I think if we got one, and I was asked what bread the dog is, I'd tell people that the dog was a cross between a pit bull and rottweiler.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Been 15 years since Iíve dealt with a puppy. What a job.
    After 5 children, I'd have to say that Puppies are worse. At least we purchased a nice bissel carpet shampoo machine.

Millie looks like she needs a Teton to chase around!
    MTFBWY

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnergy View Post
    After 5 children, I'd have to say that Puppies are worse. At least we purchased a nice bissel carpet shampoo machine.

Millie looks like she needs a Teton to chase around!
    Either gonna be the P4de or the X-Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    All of our children have paws, so I know how hard it is to have to say goodbye to one of them.

Cute pup. We are thinking about getting another one, but not looking forward to dealing with all of the work that a puppy needs to become a good house dog. You did pick a doozy though, chocolate labs have pure crack going through their veins, lots of energy.

As for us, my wife and I are split. I'd like to get a black-nosed cur dog, she wants a golden-doodle... We get a lot of questions about the dog we have now, he is an Anatolian Shepard, we explain that the bread is bread to guard livestock from wolves, lions, and other big hunters. I just can't see explaining that I have a golden-doodle. I think if we got one, and I was asked what bread the dog is, I'd tell people that the dog was a cross between a pit bull and rottweiler.
    The pic I posted above is our Golden Doodle. She is a GREAT dog. Smart as all get out, simple to train, very affectionate,very protective and best of all.....no shedding! She may not be Pit/Rott but I wouldn't trade her for anything and would get another in a heartbeat!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

Here she is right side up....lol

Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

Quote Originally Posted by Dcuda69 View Post
    The pic I posted above is our Golden Doodle. She is a GREAT dog. Smart as all get out, simple to train, very affectionate,very protective and best of all.....no shedding! She may not be Pit/Rott but I wouldn't trade her for anything and would get another in a heartbeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcuda69 View Post
    Here she is right side up....lol

Yeah, I know they are smart, and don't shed... I am just having a hard time wrapping my brain around telling people I have anything with the word "doodle" in it... Another impasse the wife and I have is if we get a golden-doodle, I'd want one with the straighter fur/hair, wife wants one with the super curly hair...
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Sorry to hear bout yall pug grip. My wife had a black pug before we got together. She passed away bout a yr after we got together. Zoey was a great dog. Hopefully your new puppy helps to heal yalls hearts.

Heres my 5yr olds minature/longhair chihuahua mix. My son has taught him to fetch, play hide n seek (yes, pejo hides n waits to be found lol), n he watches tv rite along with my son. If u get between him n the tv, he whines til u move out of his way smh.

This is pejo

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Glad this post made so many share. Thank you for the love. Last night after 2 weeks and 6 days, Millie slept all night. We went from every 1.5 to 2 hours to pee, slowly to this. I donít run marathons, but this is how I imagine the finish line.

RC Racer

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Yeah, I know they are smart, and don't shed... I am just having a hard time wrapping my brain around telling people I have anything with the word "doodle" in it... Another impasse the wife and I have is if we get a golden-doodle, I'd want one with the straighter fur/hair, wife wants one with the super curly hair...
    Whatever you do, consider getting a rescue. Our German Shepherd-Black Lab mix (at least we think so) is a rescue, as well as our last dog, a Black Lab my parents got before I was born. Yes, they will occasionally have issues (barks at her reflection, and has an I'm gonna kill you bark to back it up, and is terrified of hoses and showers, and my grandparents dog is scared of fishing poles), but you can get a wonderful dog of the right age and temperament, all while making the world a better place. Check your local(or regional in Idaho) pound or shelter for your next best friend .
    Last edited by Is_It_Broken?; 02-25-2019 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Grammar was killing me