Lipo charger storage settings

Hey guys, I have a Hitec multi charger, a 2s 2200mAh traxxas lipo, and some questions. The battery went for some time with out any maintenance, so it doesn't charge all the way, and i don't want it to get any worse.

1. It only charges to 1100mAh each time. It takes two charges to get my battery to 8.4v. Is this normal?

2. For storage settings, it only allows up to 1 amp charge rate. Whats the ideal rate for my battery?

Any help is appreciated!
    I like free stuff!

RC Competitor
    I am pretty sure that the Lower the charge rate is the longer the battery will last and the longer it will preform better. feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Do you mean the longer I can store it or just last in general?
    I don't know if you are wrong or right...
    I like free stuff!

RC Qualifier
    Always charge your batteries at 1c or lower. So if you have a 2200mah battery, charge it at a max of 2.2a or lower. Charging it at like .1 amp might help let it get to its full voltage. Yes it will take forever, but it should get your battery back to 8.4c with both cells being 4.20vdc. Just some food for thought.

Ok, thanks! I always have wondered whats the best charge rate.
    I like free stuff!

As far as I know, all Traxxas LiPo packs 2S and greater have a recommended charge rate of 1C and a maximum charge rate of 2C.
    Since LiPos are charged by the CC/CV method, the charge rate automatically lessens as the pack nears capacity. Reducing the charge rate below 1C should not yield any benefits although it did in the past when using -delta V charging for NiXX packs.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Ok, but is it normal for my charger to only go to 1100mAh every charge? For my battery it goes to 1100, then the second charge it goes to around 600, and it is at 8.4 volts then.
    I like free stuff!

Only if the capacity cutoff is set incorrectly.

Ok, how would i change it? Or at least see what it is set to?
    I like free stuff!

Lipo charger storage settings

Please check the manual - Im sure it is available online - or contact the manufacturer. This is a non-Traxxas product and SUPPORT of it is not permitted.

Ok, sorry, just wondering. I'll look it up, then.
    I like free stuff!

You said the battery/batteries were left for "some time with out any maintenance". It is common for lipos not stored at the proper voltage to act alittle funny for the first few cycles. Don't charge it up more than once per discharge cycle. Just let the charger charge the battery up till it says it is done and then drain cycle it through normal use and repeat. Most lipos can survive "some time with out any maintenance" some can't but each charge/drain cycle should see it improve unless it is damaged beyond recovery.

The battery does not get all of its charge, that is for sure. It and another are shot. (The other is a 5000mAh 2s spc for my old p2de). They both do the same thing on my charger, its not the batteries. But, like ksb said, we (more me, i guess) are not supposed to talk about my charger here again, anyway. But, thanks for the additional info! Will do
    I like free stuff!

The charger is still doing the same thing with new SMCs, but I am not complaining. It makes me check them, otherwise i would leave them. Anyway, I storage charge them as soon as I can after every time I run them so if I forget they will be just fine. For this charger's storage charge, it also balances them too!

Edit: Ha! I just found the setting for how much mAh it will charge at a time. It's set to 2500mAh now. Not sure why it was set to 1100mAh in the first place...
    Last edited by Sp2deSummit; 03-20-2019 at 04:20 PM.
    I like free stuff!