RC poster

Revo 3.3 brushless conversion

Has anyone done an electric conversion of the 3.3 I was recently given one and I don't care for the hassles of nitro. I'm relatively new to the rc world so I really don't know what I might need to accomplish the task looking to do 50mph or better any advice is appreciated

Easiest way? Buy an E-Revo chassis and move the bulkheads, arms, shafts, shocks and other parts over. Sell the remainder nitro stuff and buy the remainder.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Easiest way? Buy an E-Revo chassis and move the bulkheads, arms, shafts, shocks and other parts over. Sell the remainder nitro stuff and buy the remainder.
    The car hasn't got here yet so I haven't been able to check it out but does the stability management system and telemetry work with the conversion or will I have to buy others

Telemetry is built into the receiver (with proper external sensors) and the ESC (which nitro does not have).

Download exploded views of the nitro and electric versions using the Support button above and compare/contrast to see what you can use.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Or an even easier way if I may humbly suggest as it sounds like an extensive amount of work: flip the nitro Revo and buy an E-Revo with the proceeds??

RC poster
    I thought about just flipping it or trading for one but I like the idea of building my own car. I think I'll get the erevo chassis and do like he said I'm just unsure about motor and esc now I want it to last but I also wanna do 50+ any thoughts

You'll need a 2200kv motor and esc. And batteries.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    I had done a conversion some years ago. I found a motor mount that bolted right into the stock nitro mount. I used tekno kit also and a extra long pinion gear. In fact tweener is still kicking around and torn down right now for a clean and inspect.
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC poster
    I've been doing the conversion myself. I recently purchased the arrma blx system and I'm stuck on what mount to buy. Please help if u can. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    I've used the Integy motor mount kit along with the Teckno stuff for the battery trays. My first conversion used a motor mount that's no longer made. I'd have to check what brand it was.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I just used the e revo chassis and changed other parts over.

RC Champion
    You may want to consider this mod.

https://www.how2rc.com/Revo%20NEW.html
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA