Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 41
  1. #1
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186

    Traxxas Rail Conversion

    Not sure where to post this so Iíll use this one. Here is my rail conversion using a RCRI dragster kit. Neat little build, still a work in progress.
    Integy trans
    Mod 1 internal gear conversion
    MM2/2650 castle
    Sa Rc Customs wheels and adapters
    Savox 1251mg
    4 tec arms f/r
    Rj Speed 24Ē dragster body
    Tqi tx/rx
    Robinson Racing Revo slipper
    Fast lane machine bulkhead
    Still needs battery connectors, body mounted, and a few other misc items.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Salt lake
    Posts
    52
    That’s pretty sweet looking! Keep us updated as you continue to build it!

  3. #3
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Day3rd View Post
    Thatís pretty sweet looking! Keep us updated as you continue to build it!
    Thank you. Will definitely keep this post updated.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier Sp2deSummit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Yakima Washington
    Posts
    387
    That thing looks AMAZING! I wonder how fast you'll get it to, hopefully very fast...
    I like free stuff!

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    599
    Nice work on the rail build. It is good to see you playing with RCs again (seems like it has been a while)
    Are you going to speed run this thing or just 132ft drag?

    -Liberty

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp2deSummit View Post
    That thing looks AMAZING! I wonder how fast you'll get it to, hopefully very fast...
    Thank you, shooting for the usual triple digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    Nice work on the rail build. It is good to see you playing with RCs again (seems like it has been a while)
    Are you going to speed run this thing or just 132ft drag?

    -Liberty
    Yea been laying low mostly, been messing with rustler and stuff. In the process of doing maintenance on all my rigs along with building this platform. Mostly speedruns, parking lot goofing off nothing crazy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Greatscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Idaho... Da Sticks!
    Posts
    7,484
    That is an awesome build, looking forward to seeing it completed!!!!

    The only negative thing I can say about it is the front end is too beefy for a dragster.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    760
    WOW! I've never seen something like this before. Can't wait to see how it runs.

    Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    That is an awesome build, looking forward to seeing it completed!!!!

    The only negative thing I can say about it is the front end is too beefy for a dragster.
    Thank you. I agree, I used nitro 4 tec arms to try and get the front as narrow as possible, but still isnít narrow enough to be a true dragster.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXDee View Post
    WOW! I've never seen something like this before. Can't wait to see how it runs.

    Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    Thanks man, you and me both.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    179
    It looks like you don't have front shocks anyways, so you could try mounting the caster blocks to the front a-arm mounts for a skinnier, more dragster-like appearance. Not sure what this would do to your steering ability, but speed runs are supposed to be a straight line anyways, right?
    I'm new to rc, but for some reason that jumped out at me(Disclaimer: I haven't even looked at a set of caster blocks to test that idea!)

  11. #11
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Is_It_Broken? View Post
    It looks like you don't have front shocks anyways, so you could try mounting the caster blocks to the front a-arm mounts for a skinnier, more dragster-like appearance. Not sure what this would do to your steering ability, but speed runs are supposed to be a straight line anyways, right?
    I'm new to rc, but for some reason that jumped out at me(Disclaimer: I haven't even looked at a set of caster blocks to test that idea!)
    Some custom parts would be needed for that. I donít want it too skinny since I will be running this up and down the street at long distances. I still need to have some decent turning ability. Some funny car parts might would work but Iím not sure.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    179
    OK, I didn't expect it to actually work anyways, and I'm amazed that it could work, even with special parts!

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    760
    Delete



    Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXDee View Post
    Delete



    Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    Delete what?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    Delete what?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I deleted my post after I realized what I had looked up from Primal RC is for 1/5 scale vehicles. They make a sick 1/5 scale dragster. I saw where they had front A-arms for a dragster , but then realized after I had posted the link that it was 1/5 scale

    Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXDee View Post
    I deleted my post after I realized what I had looked up from Primal RC is for 1/5 scale vehicles. They make a sick 1/5 scale dragster. I saw where they had front A-arms for a dragster , but then realized after I had posted the link that it was 1/5 scale

    Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    Oh ok. Iíve seen that dragster, thing is sick.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    More work done, change the rear arms so I could use my mip axle. Will switch out for bandit arms when they arrive. The aluminum wheels will not be used right now, Iím sending them off to be refoamed. Sending body off tomorrow for paint work.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    RC Qualifier Sp2deSummit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Yakima Washington
    Posts
    387
    Looking good! What axles did you have before?
    I like free stuff!

  19. #19
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp2deSummit View Post
    Looking good! What axles did you have before?
    Tried to modify mip to fit the 4 tec arm but it wouldnít work. Had a custom set sent to me but that didnít work out either. My only option was plastic and they wonít hold up from dead stop launches. So Iím using telluride arms until the bandit arms arrive.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    RC Qualifier Sp2deSummit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Yakima Washington
    Posts
    387
    Oh. Well hopefully they fit and don't break! Goodluck on the build
    I like free stuff!

  21. #21
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp2deSummit View Post
    Oh. Well hopefully they fit and don't break! Goodluck on the build
    Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #22
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,125
    Your cleanest build to date. That thing is sweet. Canít wait to see it with paint. I love the attention to details, like the antenna forming and solder work on the motor. Well
    Done.

  23. #23
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Your cleanest build to date. That thing is sweet. Canít wait to see it with paint. I love the attention to details, like the antenna forming and solder work on the motor. Well
    Done.
    Thanks man, been a lot of work on this build. Should be pretty sweet when 100% finished.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #24
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Rail body paint is finished. This build is turning out to be awesome.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #25
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,125
    Same guy painted I assume. My previous comment stands.

  26. #26
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Same guy painted I assume. My previous comment stands.
    Na this was the other guy I use that painted my orange and white Slash body. Both do fantastic work though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #27
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Body came back today, looks so good on there. She is ready to rock now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. #28
    RC Qualifier Sp2deSummit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Yakima Washington
    Posts
    387
    That looks really good! Are you going to start testing soon?
    I like free stuff!

  29. #29
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp2deSummit View Post
    That looks really good! Are you going to start testing soon?
    Whenever Mother Nature clears up. Nothing but rain here for the next few days.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  30. #30
    RC Qualifier Sp2deSummit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Yakima Washington
    Posts
    387
    Oh, well hopefully it clears up soon! I want to see that bad boy in action!
    I like free stuff!

  31. #31
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp2deSummit View Post
    Oh, well hopefully it clears up soon! I want to see that bad boy in action!
    As do I lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. #32
    RC Qualifier Sp2deSummit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Yakima Washington
    Posts
    387
    General-

    Have you gotten to test her out yet?
    I like free stuff!

  33. #33
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp2deSummit View Post
    General-

    Have you gotten to test her out yet?
    I actually ended up removing the electronics and trading it as a roller to a good friend for a RTR xo-1 car.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  34. #34
    RC Qualifier Sp2deSummit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Yakima Washington
    Posts
    387
    Say what!?! JK, your friend is lucky . Are you going to make that xo-1 fly now? (not literally fly)
    I like free stuff!

  35. #35
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186

    Traxxas Rail Conversion

    Quote Originally Posted by Sp2deSummit View Post
    Say what!?! JK, your friend is lucky . Are you going to make that xo-1 fly now? (not literally fly)
    Lol heís a die hard top fuel car fan and has helped me out a lot so figured Iíd return the favor lol. I tried to make some passes with the xo and I didnít care for it so I put everything on a slash chassis and use it for 1/8 mile drag and parking lot bashing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  36. #36
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    91
    Wow! That thing is super sweet looking!

  37. #37
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Upper Mid-west, USA
    Posts
    168
    That is the coolest thing ever!

  38. #38
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by OtisWhitestone View Post
    Wow! That thing is super sweet looking!
    Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by danner View Post
    That is the coolest thing ever!
    Appreciate it



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  39. #39
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16
    Excellent work. I just found this post and thought the car looked great. Love the green and black color scheme

  40. #40
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toomsuba, Ms
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by JKFlash View Post
    Excellent work. I just found this post and thought the car looked great. Love the green and black color scheme
    Thank you


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •