RC Competitor

Xmaxx caught on fire

My grand son was using his truck this morning when it locked up and caught on fire! He was about 5 minutes into a run just driving it easily. Not bashing or anything. Is there a warranty or anything for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Double G; 02-23-2019 at 11:00 AM.

*Watch the language including acronyms!!*

We can guess all day what Traxxas will do. You'll need to contact Customer Service direct.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Thanks for your help

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbond12 View Post
    Thanks for your help

Warranty it, sell it, get a Hobbywing. Done.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Warranty it, sell it, get a Hobbywing. Done.
    ^^^^^^^ This

...Is there a warranty or anything for this?
    yes there is. if you're in warranty they'll take care of you. if you're out of warranty i think you'll be paying for the replacement. at least that was my experience.

sorry she went but i'm glad everyone is okay.
    rizzodtheRCvlogger - www.youtube.com/user/rizz0d

RC Competitor
    Thank you rizz0d. It was a little nerve wracking to say the least. Fire out the sides and a big cloud of smoke. On another note We watch your videos on you tube.

Gripdog is there a certain hobbywing ESC I should look for?

Thanks for all the replies and help.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thank you rizz0d. It was a little nerve wracking to say the least. Fire out the sides and a big cloud of smoke. On another note We watch your videos on you tube.

Gripdog is there a certain hobbywing ESC I should look for?

Thanks for all the replies and help.
    Stock motor or similar get a Max6. They drop right in. I paid the extra 15 bucks for the programming card. Super easy.

RC Competitor
    So I called traxxas and they were super nice. I am sending my ESC and motor to them and once they get it they will send me new ones. So I guess I will wait for now on ordering a hobbywing and see how long this new ESC will last.

Everyone replacing the esc, are you doing it because yours burnt up or just being preventive?

awesome. so you were still in the warranty period?

i personally think most people are replacing them as a preventative measure. don't get me wrong, i know anything electrical can have issues and we don't always know all the circumstances, but this has happened more than a few isolated times.
    rizzodtheRCvlogger - www.youtube.com/user/rizz0d

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So I called traxxas and they were super nice. I am sending my ESC and motor to them and once they get it they will send me new ones. So I guess I will wait for now on ordering a hobbywing and see how long this new ESC will last.

Everyone replacing the esc, are you doing it because yours burnt up or just being preventive?
    I built mine so I never had the stock esc.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm

I'm using the stock ESC. Ask if they can update the firmware before the send it.
    Mine was hiccuping and popping in to reverse for a quick instant while under throttle. I updated the firmware it has been smooth as silk since. I'm guessing the out of box firmware was causing those electrical spikes, and burning the escs.

I'm sticking with stock since its been working fine for nearly 2 years.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Competitor
    Thank you rag6. I will make a call to them and ask about that. The ESC and motor are due to arrive there tomorrow.

RC Competitor
    Still waiting on my new parts to arrive. Doesn't look like they will be here in time for the weekend.

RC Competitor
    oh man, I just read your post. I am hoping this ESC will cure my problems. Its been 2 weeks since mine blew up and Im still waiting on the new parts to arrive. They are supposed to be delivered today.

RC Competitor
    I received my ESC, my motor(which they tested) and a new set of batteries last night. I installed everything and turned it on on the work stand. Everything worked, so tonight my grandson will take it out for a run. I got my fingers crossed.

RC Competitor
    Just a follow up. We have run 2 battery packs through his new ESC and it is running great. Thanks to Traxxas for sending me out the new parts on warranty.

RC Competitor

Xmaxx has been running great with the new ESC

RC Champion
    I received my ESC, my motor(which they tested) and a new set of batteries last night. I installed everything and turned it on on the work stand. Everything worked, so tonight my grandson will take it out for a run.
    Just a follow up. We have run 2 battery packs through his new ESC and it is running great. Thanks to Traxxas for sending me out the new parts on warranty.
    Great news, thanks for the updates!

Xmaxx has been running great with the new ESC
    Wooohooooo! Looks like fun, wish I was jumping my X-Maxx today!