RC poster

4-tec 2.0 brushless gearing

Hey guyz so,

Anybody used the stock 29 pinion and 55 spur gearing combination ? Is it doable can you do it ? Will it break something ?

If its in ideal conditions lets say that the 35/55 gives a 0.6363 ration and traxxas declares it at 75 + mph by my simple math ( Sorry for this sentence ) a 29/55 would give a ration of 0.5272 thats aproximately a 17% decrease in rotation. If this is correct that would put the max speed at aproximately 62+ mph range but have a much smoother ( stronger ) acceleration.

So please comment about this ? Firstly i wanna know is it safe to do it like this and is it a nice combination for everyda parking lot fun ?

P.S. Whats your opinion would that make the engine run cooler or hotter in comparison to 35/55?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Vukiija View Post
    Hey guyz so,

Anybody used the stock 29 pinion and 55 spur gearing combination ? Is it doable can you do it ? Will it break something ?

If its in ideal conditions lets say that the 35/55 gives a 0.6363 ration and traxxas declares it at 75 + mph by my simple math ( Sorry for this sentence ) a 29/55 would give a ration of 0.5272 thats aproximately a 17% decrease in rotation. If this is correct that would put the max speed at aproximately 62+ mph range but have a much smoother ( stronger ) acceleration.

So please comment about this ? Firstly i wanna know is it safe to do it like this and is it a nice combination for everyda parking lot fun ?

P.S. Whats your opinion would that make the engine run cooler or hotter in comparison to 35/55?
    Best thing to do is pick up an $8.00 IR temp gun off of Amazon and test it out, stopping often to check temps. Sadly math does not work out linear when talking about speed due to increasing friction and aerodynamic drag.

If you are getting the motor hot at 33/55 gears then you would want to step back down to the 29t. BUT knowing exactly what temp it is helps. Anything around 160 F or higher is bad. Running at the 110-140 F range is pretty normal and perfectly ok.

-Liberty