RC Racer

New Rustler 4x4 vxl color. Blue/Silver

I spotted a new silver and blue Vxl 4x4 on eBay .
    Donít see a word about it in the traxxas showroom or home page.

Looks sharp.

RC's4-UDR/6-XMax/?-Slash/1-Rust4X/4-E-rev/4-E-maxx

RC Qualifier
    nice. I am in need of a new body, hopefully this is out soon.

I'm liking the color scheme much more than the current VXL. If it is true we'll see something soon on Traxxas's website. (The Spartan got a new paint scheme.)
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cc1999 View Post
    I spotted a new silver and blue Vxl 4x4 on eBay .
    Donít see a word about it in the traxxas showroom or home page.

Looks sharp.

Itís the ďsilver editionĒ it is exclusive to only certain dealers. I saw this on Instagram a while back.

RC poster
    Itís a brick and mortar dealer exclusive and only available in the brushless version. My shop here in Bemidji has one if anyone is interested pm me and I will get you the info. Itís not my personal shop, I mean my ohs.
    Last edited by 22Schmidty; 02-25-2019 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Clarify

RC poster
    Dang it...lhs not ohs, stupid auto correct.

RC Competitor
    Brick and mortar shop exclusive only eh? Smart.

Where I live, a new small RC shop just opened up branding Traxxas in a big way. Which make sense given the walk-ins and the Ready-to-race (RTR) product offerings. I spoke with one of the owners. Basically the trend was previously selling via an online presence. So while this boosted adoption, retention of the hobby waned due to lack of support in person. Apparently Traxxas got onto this and is now making a push for store front markets to both push sales and retain via personal support. Given the physical break/fix nature of this hobby (it's not like PC gaming hardware industry that has a massive online presence), I would tend to agree with Traxxas if what I'm hearing is true.

That said, there might be a lot more B&M store exclusives slated for future release too.

Look kind of like the regular Rusty 4x4 brushed version's bodies:

and in red:

Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Look kind of like the regular Rusty 4x4 brushed version's bodies:

and in red:

Yeah. I personally find that the blue body with the black rims look better than the vxl colors...

RC Racer
    I think both the brushed bodies look better then the VXL bodies.
    I am actually running that RED brushed body on one of my VXLs. The others I have custom painted bodies, I posted a thread here the other day of some of my custom painted bodies.
    Traxxas is doing some of the same wild abstract color schemes on the latest high end ultimate slash as well. I am not running the OEM body on any of those either. I much prefer more scale realistic looking race truck designs to these wild designs of late.
    RC's4-UDR/6-XMax/?-Slash/1-Rust4X/4-E-rev/4-E-maxx

RC Competitor
    The Silver body looks awesome in person, I prefer it over all the others. Traxxas has been making some of the best looking bodies for years. Don't think any other RC manufacturer comes close.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cc1999 View Post
    I think both the brushed bodies look better then the VXL bodies.
    I am actually running that RED brushed body on one of my VXLs. The others I have custom painted bodies, I posted a thread here the other day of some of my custom painted bodies.
    Traxxas is doing some of the same wild abstract color schemes on the latest high end ultimate slash as well. I am not running the OEM body on any of those either. I much prefer more scale realistic looking race truck designs to these wild designs of late.
    I agree 100% about the slash. I especially like the mark jenkins body...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by transbrake View Post
    The Silver body looks awesome in person, I prefer it over all the others. Traxxas has been making some of the best looking bodies for years. Don't think any other RC manufacturer comes close.
    In shape, Pro-line does come close, but most (if not all) of their bodies are not painted. Yay for traxxas making such good looking bodies...

RC Enthusiast
    Just got back into RC and bought the silver one on Ebay. Love that body. Might get the other Blue body (non VXL) one someday.
    1st Corinthians 10:13