RC poster

Newb question about snow

Brand new to the hobby and just took my new p4de (just learned that term ) out for a rip in the snow. It ran like a dream, but of course everything got packed with snow. Is there a specific method/technique to effectively clean and dry everything? Anything specific I should be concerned about doing/not doing?
    Last edited by WhiteyJr; 02-25-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Welcome to the forums and the hobby! Try to get as much snow off as possible. I just put my car in front of a heater/vent and it drys out. You could get some dry lube to cover any screws and moving metal parts to prevent rust. Other than that, I don't know!
    Have fun bashing with your p4de!
    I like free stuff!

No ...Seriously though, I usually blow all the snow off and out with an air compressor. Then I'll let it dry upside down. Just know that you're not going to get it all every time and be ready for rust mitigation this spring.

I will typically check all bearings in my winter trucks after the snow is gone and replace any rough ones. Same with rusty screws.

It's more work, but man is it fun driving these things out in the snow!

The worst I've had is slush. It gets everywhere, and is heavy, so it won't blow off and it makes the truck reeeaaally heavy. It was so worth it!
    I like free stuff!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Upside down, air compressor. Quicker itís dry, the less rust and bearing replacement youíll have to do.

RC poster
    I got rid of the big stuff with some light compressed air. I wasn't sure if full blast from the compressor would be OK, and I wasn't sure about blowing more snow/moisture into the openings on the (brushed) motor. After that, wiped it down a bit and let sit upside down. Glad to hear I was on the right track. Thanks for the info! I'm sure I'll be back with more questions.

RC poster
    I use a hair dryer

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Clean/dry as much as you can then flip it upside-down on the furnace vent.
    The Super Derecho

A chassis cover helps a ton

Then i blow everything dry with a compressor and spritz WD40 on screw heads,metal driveshafts,etc. No real big issues due to snow/slop. Good luck and have fun!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC poster
    Thanks for all the info! I had never thought of WD40 on the metal bits. I have a WD40 "pen" I got in some prize bag at the bike show that would be perfect for this. Took it out in the snow again this afternoon (so much fun!) and the only bit I have trouble getting completely dry is the driveshaft. I can see the moisture through the clear plastic cover, but I can only clear so much of it with the can of compressed air. I'm hesitant to use the full sized air compressor in the garage for fear it will blow the cover right off.

I use my big(5hp/60gal) compressor......easy on the blow gun trigger finger.....lol
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC poster
    I ran mine last week in the snow, it wasn't to slushy and was a blast. To clean it, I knocked off as much as I could, removed tires, body, battery, then used the air compressor on it for about 10 minutes. I then removed the cover to the flywheel and used the compressor more. Then set it next to a dehumidifier. I had also run painters tape along the underside seam where the rear attaches to the body, to try and keep snow from getting into the clutch bearing/flywheel.