RC Qualifier

sledgehammer gearbox

So I purchased a used sledgehammer to restore as I have always wanted one. Didn't really like the white so figured I'd dye everything black....well I warped the gearbox. Something I know is a difficult part to find. My question is, does anyone have an idea on where I might be able to find one? Or is the gearbox used in another vintage traxxas vehicle that I could find? Thank you!

RC Champion
    The Hawk[not the Hawk2] and the Bullet both use the same transmission case as the Sledgehammer.

Unfortunately I don't have any spares left since I let them go when I sold my last Hawk. I would suggest checking on E-Bay, but you may have to buy a whole vehicle to get what you need. I'd go for a Hawk myself since you would be able to use more of the parts for spares on your Sledgehammer

And when you dye the next case, wait for the dye to cool completely then pour it into a plastic container with a snap on lid and drop the parts in and let them soak until they are nice and dark. Trust me, I made the exact same mistake with my first Hawk transmission.
    Bullet/Bullet2 / Hawk2/ Blue Eagle/E-Maxx/T-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    Thank you Mopar Marv! I really appreciate the info! I'm hoping I don't have to buy an entire vehicle, cause I have this problem where I'd want to build that up too! Also really appreciate the info on letting the dye cool and then dye the parts. I'll have to keep my eyes open on eBay and the forums to see if anything pops up

RC Champion
    Cool, glad to help when I can.

I'll keep an eye out for a trans case for you as well. And I'll see if I can track down the guy who bought my last Hawk and see if he is willing to part with one for you and let you know as soon as I can.
    Bullet/Bullet2 / Hawk2/ Blue Eagle/E-Maxx/T-Maxx