RC Racer

Traxxas Charger “Fast” mode

I have a question about the “Fast” mode on the Traxxas LiPo chargers. What exactly does it do, when can you use it etc. I’ve heard people swear that using it will burn down your house instantly, and then I’ve heard that it’s ok to use as long as you run a full balance charge every couple cycles. So I’d like to know realistically, when is it ok to use.

The charger and batteries in question are an ez peak dual charger, I have (4) 5000mah 3s Traxxas batteries and (1) 5800mah 2s Traxxas battery. Thanks in advance for any info.

RC Racer
    Anybody? Lol

RC Enthusiast
    I have used the fast charge a few times with no issues. I also use Traxxas ID batteries. Mostly I use balance charge.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by srider72 View Post
    I have used the fast charge a few times with no issues. I also use Traxxas ID batteries. Mostly I use balance charge.
    Ok thanks for the reply. I think I’ll use it from time to time. I work with industrial batteries at work and as long as you “equalize” them, which is essentially a balance charge, once every so many cycles they are fine. I’d imagine these are kind of similar.