RC poster

Spare parts list

Totally new to the hobby and recently got my first rig (Stampede 4x4). I was wondering what spare parts I should keep handy in case of break downs. I'd like to slowly upgrade the rig as things break, so I imagine aluminum parts would be the best option moving forward....is that the case? If I had $200 and was to go grab a supply of spare parts to keep in my kit bag, what should I get?

RC Racer
    It all depends. If it is stock then...

A arms
    Axles
    Toe and Camber links
    C hubs
    Spur gear
    Bearings

I would recommend looking at Grips build or following the Ultimate. I only run aluminum hubs and center shaft. Everything else is RPM. MIP or Tekno axles are a game changer as well.

RC poster
    Ya, everything is stock (for now). I guess what I'm looking for is insight into which parts break/wear out the most frequently, and (if possible) what the best option for replacement would be. My electronics/mechanical skills are intermediate at best, so that is also a consideration....I'd prefer not to have to modify any parts to get them to fit my p4de. Thanks for the response.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Did you get an XL-5 or VXL? That changes what you’ll want to have.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Did you get an XL-5 or VXL? That changes what you’ll want to have.
    Just the XL-5.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteyJr View Post
    Just the XL-5.
    Still a great basher. I think you’ll just need hubs maybe. They’re pretty tough stock. When you step up in power you may need axles, 17mm hubs etc., one thing to consider is a spare steering servo.