RC poster

E-Revo 1/16 VXL on NiMh is enough, right?

I bought one recently and was reading everywhere to go 2s LiPo to fully enjoy it. But it is already so fast on the stock NiMh that I never really use full throttle anyways. I do a lot of skatepark/jumping and asphalt pumptrack racing. If I get even more power with LiPo, then it is just too much power for the little 'toy' and things get out of control.
    Are people recommending LiPo really just driving straight roads up and down forever? I absolutely can not imagine how the small and lighweight 1/16 E-Revo makes sense with more power. I have been sending it on big jumps all week and the NiMh ok. Really good acceleration and torque to get up even very steep dirt jump slopes. From my first week I got the impression that any kind of controlled driving is really well served the stock NiMh. I use two stock NiMh in parallel.

Of course if you just want to hammer it on straight roads to enjoy the incredible sound and speed, then 2s and 3s ahead!

Welcome to the forums! If you want to stay with nimh, go ahead. You may want to go to lipo eventually, though, because your driving skill will get better, and like you said, you might want to go fast . But, it seems like you are still having fun with nimh, so I say keep having fun with what you have!

Edit: Also, you could gear your motor down so it isn't as fast.
    Last edited by Sp2deSummit; 03-01-2019 at 01:36 PM.
    I like free stuff!

RC Enthusiast
    I run 3s in my mini with a sidewinder 3 and a 4700kva castle motor. Install a center diff and see how much fun it is. You can run those old style batteries, but youll be impressed once you try a lipo pack.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrae05 View Post
    sidewinder 3 and a 4700kva castle motor.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I've heard that the SW3 isn't too good with 3s. I have the SW3 and 5700kv combo and I want to put it in my mini summit , but I need the big block motor mount. $20
    I like free stuff!

RC Competitor
    Welcome. I'm pretty new here myself and have found the members here to be helpful and engaging.

I just ordered a new E Revo VXL 1/16 last night (couldn't resist the new reduced price!) along with both the parallel and series connecting harnesses. I'm planning to stick with NiMh Batts, just not sure I'm ready to make the jump to LiPo. I'll likely get a couple more batts pretty soon. Believe it or not, this is my first hobby grade electric RC. I've jumped back into RC with my kids after a years long hiatus. I never raced or anything, just bashing. Had a T-Maxx 2.5 back about 15 years ago. Just bought a new Revo 3.3 last month that's still in the box waiting for warmer weather to break in. Also bought an old Maxx Pro .15 that needed some TLC that I fixed all up. Bought my some a used T-Maxx 2.5. Yeah, kinda jumped in with both feet and then some! Lol! Can't wait for my lil' Revo to get here!

Quote Originally Posted by RIDE-RED 350r View Post
    I'm planning to stick with NiMh Batts, just not sure I'm ready to make the jump to LiPo.
    Hmmmm... In time you will become ready. Lipos in 1/16s are
    I like free stuff!

RC Competitor
    Lol! You may be right.. I've been watching 1/16 E Revo vids on YouTube, many running LiPo.. They are crazy little buggers on LiPo and dual NiMh in series!