RC poster

Feature request: Inclinometer calibration

Hi,

Finally got a new TSM Receiver from Traxxas to my newly bought E-Revo 2.0 that couldn’t do the TSM Receiver firmware flashing (because of an invalid firmware). Therefore now I was able for the first time to use the Link app with it. Earlier on I added the inclinometer gauges for my XO-1. Works fine, although the vehicle is not bound to do any off-road. 😉
    Now what I discovered with the E-Revo was that the Receiver box is not positioned leveled similarly as in XO-1. Having E-Revo standstill on its feet I see 10 degrees tilt vertically and 4 degrees horizontally.
    Since not all the models have a TSM Receiver positioned fully leveled, to me this cries for an inclinometer calibration functionality in the Link app. Or what do you think?

Hmmm... Yes, I agree, there should be. Can you try to make your receiver level, or at least mostly level? Don't have tsm myself, but it still makes sense to have something for calibration. I think an offroad XO-1 would be sweet.
    I like free stuff!

RC poster

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sp2deSummit View Post
    Hmmm... Yes, I agree, there should be. Can you try to make your receiver level, or at least mostly level? Don't have tsm myself, but it still makes sense to have something for calibration. I think an offroad XO-1 would be sweet.
    Unfortunately I cannot do much to level the Receiver, as the Receiver box is squeezed tight next to the motor. It wouldn’t fit if it would be leveled. Also in general, people will have different chassis setups, therefore it would be convenient to be able to calibrate based on personal chassis setup. Traxxas, just make it happen, right?

Yea you should definitly be able to recalibrate this. I guess my receiver is also facing the wrong way. Shows the nose is up when the rear is up and vice versa
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC poster

Reversed Inclinometer

Quote Originally Posted by NYbandit33 View Post
    Yea you should definitely be able to re calibrate this. I guess my receiver is also facing the wrong way. Shows the nose is up when the rear is up and vice versa
    Same here, front/back inclinometer is reversed. The sideways one is fine. Anyone with ideas on how to flip it the right way?
    Last edited by Orais; 04-25-2019 at 05:55 PM. Reason: typos

RC poster
    But still we haven’t seen a calibration function. Should be a no-brainer for Traxxas. Come on!