New stampede 4x4 kit!

New listing on Amain for a stampede 4x4 kit!

https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas...7010-4/p945388

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, SCX10, Bearded Dragon

RC poster

New stampede 4x4 kit!

Never thought this day would come when traxxas would sell a non rtr version of their bashers. I really hope this this true, as there’s no listing on traxxas’ website yet as far as I can’t see, but... And they should’ve honestly sold the vxl chassis instead, kit with the non adjustable camber links and plastic center driveshaft seems to defeat the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traxxas has a strict language policy. A word filter operates to change inappropriate words to *s. When you see these in your post, you MUST edit them out. -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-04-2019 at 02:49 PM.

It is only for pre-order so it isn't them piecing together a kit. I bet we are soon to hear about kits becoming available.

RC Competitor
    At least this would be a start of possibly other kits to come. Most bashers want instant gratification out of the box but for some kits would be dope.

RC Competitor
    This will make things easier for the ebay chop shops.

I think I'd still buy an eBay VXL roller/slider for a few dollars more. If this were a VXL kit for $200, then yeah sure.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    let's hope this is just the beginning! :-))
    Exercitatio artem paravit

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by XD60 View Post
    Never thought this day would come when traxxas would sell a non rtr version of their bashers. I really hope this this true, as there’s no listing on traxxas’ website yet as far as I can’t see, but... And they should’ve honestly sold the vxl chassis instead, kit with the non adjustable camber links and plastic center driveshaft seems to defeat the point.
    I agree with you about the non adjustable camber links and maybe even turn buckles? Though I can see if they want to hit a price point and buyers of this kit won’t care too much about toe and camber angles anyway since precision steering and handling is not the focus of the Stampede, they can save a few dollars on each kit with the brushed chassis.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorRC22 View Post
    I think I'd still buy an eBay VXL roller/slider for a few dollars more. If this were a VXL kit for $200, then yeah sure.
    Yeah, this. Usually, one of the perks to buying a kit is upgraded goodies.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by BMcD308 View Post
    This will make things easier for the ebay chop shops.
    how?

Sent from my HP Chromebook x360 11 G1 EE using Tapatalk

Why Why Why Could Traxxas not have done this with the VXL kit....? Seems that most that build this are going to go brushless. Correct me if I am wrong, This Brushed version comes with a different ratio ring/pinon in the diffs (Geared lower I believe).
    Sla2hP4deXSummitRusty2TRX4Bigfoot#14TEC2.0Rally

Quote Originally Posted by SummitonSlingrs View Post
    Why Why Why Could Traxxas not have done this with the VXL kit....? Seems that most that build this are going to go brushless. Correct me if I am wrong, This Brushed version comes with a different ratio ring/pinon in the diffs (Geared lower I believe).
    I have no doubt that the VXL kit is next one in the line up if this one sells enough. This one just lets them get an idea if the market will allow for them to even sell kits. If it floats I bet more will come.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    I have no doubt that the VXL kit is next one in the line up if this one sells enough. This one just lets them get an idea if the market will allow for them to even sell kits. If it floats I bet more will come.

Why manufacturer two kits though? That makes horrible business sense. Traxxas could have spent the extra $7 up front for the brushless components instead and just released that from the get go. Brushed guys could have still used it, and they wouldn't have alienated someone like me.

Quote Originally Posted by . . . . . . . . . . View Post
    Why manufacturer two kits though? That makes horrible business sense. Traxxas could have spent the extra $7 up front for the brushless components instead and just released that from the get go. Brushed guys could have still used it, and they wouldn't have alienated someone like me.
    I don't think you are considering it from the business man's perspective but really from the customer's perspective. Because the first batch will be the smallest and the brushed kit is a smaller investment risk. Traxxas in the passed has always been on the side of saying "Customers don't want kits from Traxxas". So they are betting this will fail so little loss since the parts can be still sold individually. If it shows success then larger investment on more popular kits can be started. And they won't be stuck with abunch of unsellable brushed kits either since they can be easily upgraded to VXL kits and just added to that stock.

Plus I bet all the kits will be priced to promote buying the RTRs over the kits. I still don't believe Traxxas wants to get into the kit selling game. Because it is a completely different customer service problem and also why you will likely not see electronic in Traxxas kits.
    Last edited by zedorda; 03-25-2019 at 04:22 PM.

RC Competitor
    I don't think you are considering it from the business man's perspective but really from the customer's perspective. Because the first batch will be the smallest and the brushed kit is a smaller investment risk. .
    But my point is that the investment risk is exactly the same and the additional price of the brushless components is negligible when you look at this investment effort as a whole. If the brushless components were costing Traxxas an additional $50 to create each kit, that'd be one things, but that's not the case. At whole cost, I bet the brushless components over the brushed ones would have cost less than $10 a unit.

I just think Traxxas is alienating a huge number of people right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by . . . . . . . . . . View Post
    But my point is that the investment risk is exactly the same and the additional price of the brushless components is negligible when you look at this investment effort as a whole. If the brushless components were costing Traxxas an additional $50 to create each kit, that'd be one things, but that's not the case. At whole cost, I bet the brushless components over the brushed ones would have cost less than $10 a unit.

I just think Traxxas is alienating a huge number of people right off the bat.
    Well it is impossible to explain this in anyway for you to understand but the reality supports profit and not how you feel about it. Sorry you can't understand. It cost me 4 years of business school to grasp it.

RC Competitor
    I think I see what Ellipses (what do I call you?) is saying: "So what if the VXL parts cost a little more; you've spent a bajillion dollars coming up with a box design, a set of procedures to build the truck, a manual for the kit, hotel rooms and travel expenses for reps so that you know you have shelf space at retailers, and a bunch of other stuff. What's an extra $2 of cost of goods sold thrown in each box for turnbuckles instead of plastic camber links, when that $2 makes more people interested in the kit?"

Ellipses thinks the typical buyer of the kit will be someone who wants all the upgrades. And I'm with Ellipses on this. I think the Slash Ultimate, Stampede Ultimate, and Rustler Ultimate kits would all do better than low end kits, because I think the people who would buy Traxxas kits are people who already have Traxxas RTRs and want to build a better vehicle themselves.

The problem with that is that part of the bajillion dollars Traxxas spent on the kits was probably spent doing research on who might buy these kits. Apparently, the people I think will buy these kits are very different from the people the Traxxas research said might buy a kit. It appears that Traxxas researchers found that people who might buy a kit want the least expensive kit possible.

And I bet Zedorda is right - it will always be cheaper to buy a Traxxas RTR than it will be to build a Traxxas kit ourselves. Traxxas practically invented hobby grade RTR, and I don't see Traxxas looking at Losi and saying, "If only we could grow ourselves into that..."

Please don't think I believe this is the best way they could of done this. It is just the predictable way large business make decisions with a near complete disconnect from their customers instead they go by statistics just trying to avoid risk or small expenses that could of made the whole thing work much better.

RC Competitor
    Well it is impossible to explain this in anyway for you to understand but the reality supports profit and not how you feel about it. Sorry you can't understand. It cost me 4 years of business school to grasp it.
    Four years in business school you say? Nice. I've been in corporate industry for 22 years. I know how this works.

RC Competitor
    BTW, no offense calling you Ellipses. I have no idea how to pronounce your screen name. :-)