RC poster

Question Revo 3.3 Upgrades Help

I have had my Revo 2.5 for 15-ish years now. I dropped a 3.3 in it when they came out and have made little upgrades as I broke it (RPM arms, fuel filter, FOC, single servo for steering, pull start, and many 3.3 replacements). Love it and I have always just had it set up for bashing. Still runs great.

Well I got my father a E-Revo last month for his b-day and its freaky fast. I know I won't be able to compete with it but I would like to at least be able to keep up at our track. Its a tight technical track with the longest straight section being 30 yards.

I was hoping yall might have some advise on how to get some more out of the low end. I have the stock 15T cb and 38T spur gear. I was thinking about going to a 14T cb and 40T spur gear to get through the tight turns quicker. Too much?

If there are any recommendations for air filters, shoe clutch, fly wheel, tires, or anything else you've had good results with, it would help me out greatly.

Thanks

Dual stage air filter, Losi 3.4 carb, THS pipe (or some other pipe), faster throttle servo, stronger steering servo, Buku clutch (if they still sell it), pin tires, dish rims. Test engine upgrades with different clutch bell and spur and transmission gearing.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Dual stage air filter, Losi 3.4 carb, THS pipe (or some other pipe), faster throttle servo, stronger steering servo, Buku clutch (if they still sell it), pin tires, dish rims. Test engine upgrades with different clutch bell and spur and transmission gearing.
    Thanks, Double G. I will def start whittling away at the list. What company makes pin tire and dish rims? I had a hard time finding them online.

5375R from the Revo Platinum.
    The Super Derecho