Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You can also get an X0-1 front shock tower and front bumper (has body mount on it) as well.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Champion
    looking good..
    slash 4x4 168mph
    youtube:philip jolley

RC Enthusiast
    [QUOTE=LibertyMKiii;6494107]I recommend getting the Rally front bumper and proline body mounts (fits the rally bumper)
    You may need shorter shock towers depending on the body you decide on. Fitting the speed run bodies isn't quite plug n' play.

Looking good so far.

Yes those are on my list of things I need to do. Bumper is there only because I originally had other plans for this car.
    This is the body Iím looking at.
    https://deltaplastikusa.com/collecti...41-2-sauber-c8

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Racerderek38 View Post
    The #1 fitment issue spot for these Slash 4x4 models is the front shock tower. Delta Plastics stretches the truth about what fits the Slash quite a bit. They reference the Slash based on wheelbase and width if I had to guess.
    I cannot say for sure but the way the body dips between the wheel arches makes me a bit concerned about fitting that body.

Guys like Phildogg or GeneraP4de could offer better help in this area as they have fit many Delta bodies on the Slash. (I have only done 1)

-Liberty
    Last edited by LibertyMKiii; 04-11-2019 at 01:53 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    It’s been awhile. Schedule has been very busy but I’ve done some more work and I’ve come across an issue. My pinion gear I am using is a 5mm gear from saga rc. With my motor mounted I can’t put this gear on far enough to properly align my gears. It’s very off actually. I’ve only got half the gears aligned. Is there a way to shim the spur gear? I’ve tried putting washers between the bearing and the bushing. That works but not when I assemble the rear my drivetrain is just very very tight like it’s binding. Also I’m afraid by shimming this way will cause a lot of heat. So my question is what are you guys doing you align the pinion and spur gears? I’m also using a slipper eliminator if that helps. Thanks.

Can you post a picture of it so we can see the problem?
    It's hard to imagine exactly what is going on.
    Can you turn the pinion around and put it on the other way?
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Enthusiast
    I don’t have a picture right now. May be a little before I can. I tried flipping the pinion but the set screws don’t reach the shaft than. I ended up spacing the motor back with washers in between the mounting plate to see if that would work and it did. To me that just doesn’t look good but it may be my only option. I will post pictures of the issue when I can. Working 70 hour weeks at the moment so time is short.

RC Enthusiast
    Last edited by Racerderek38; 05-20-2019 at 08:28 AM.

RC poster
    What kind of ride heights and axle angle do y'all recommend with these types of builds.?? I'm glad I found this thread. Phil looks like the man to go to. LOL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    If you get grp wheels make sure to get the new J series hard wheel. They hold up to speeds better.
    This is a really good point that GeneralPede01 brought up. I just got a set of GRPs not knowing they have a hard and soft wheel now. I got the GRPGTX01-s3 and the rim is noticeably softer than what I remembered on a old set years ago. They now have the J-series which will start out with GRPGTJ followed by the number and tire compound with the J for the "hard rim".

-Liberty

RC Enthusiast
    Well it’s been a while and I’ve had some run time with my car. I’m loving it so far. Priorities right now in life are kind of getting in the way. But anyway. I’m working on gettin the car dialed before I really try and open her up. I’ve only done about 1/4 throttle on 6s and I’m blown away. Can only imagine what full throttle is.

But my question is how can I go about “preventing” or Limiting the arc when I plug the batteries in. The arc is really chewing up my connections. I really don’t want to have to change them ever 6-8 uses. It’s pitting them that bad where I don’t think I can use it after that many arcs. Obviously over time things will wear but I’d like to make that time longer if I can rather sooner.
    Thanks!

RC Enthusiast
    I’ve found that when attaching the battery to the ESC, I greatly reduce the POP, by angling the connectors such that the positive terminal touches first. Seems to work on my Deans connectors.

RC Qualifier
    Well itís been a while and Iíve had some run time with my car. Iím loving it so far. Priorities right now in life are kind of getting in the way. But anyway. Iím working on gettin the car dialed before I really try and open her up. Iíve only done about 1/4 throttle on 6s and Iím blown away. Can only imagine what full throttle is.

But my question is how can I go about ďpreventingĒ or Limiting the arc when I plug the batteries in. The arc is really chewing up my connections. I really donít want to have to change them ever 6-8 uses. Itís pitting them that bad where I donít think I can use it after that many arcs. Obviously over time things will wear but Iíd like to make that time longer if I can rather sooner.
    Thanks!
    If you own them try getting used to the car on 3s or 4s before going up to 6s. Get everything dialed in and stable first before going fast.

You can purchase anti-spark connectors. Id look for something larger than xt90's given the current this setup will be seeing.

I like using 8mm bullet connectors and have just gotten used to that POP. You can always put on some rubber gloves if it makes you feel a bit more safe.

-Liberty

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    If you own them try getting used to the car on 3s or 4s before going up to 6s. Get everything dialed in and stable first before going fast.

You can purchase anti-spark connectors. Id look for something larger than xt90's given the current this setup will be seeing.

I like using 8mm bullet connectors and have just gotten used to that POP. You can always put on some rubber gloves if it makes you feel a bit more safe.

-Liberty
    Yea I know. I did first go with 3s. But the excitement took over a little bit. I definitely will dial her in on 3s because the last thing I want to do is wreck it.

I am using 8mm bullet connections. The spark doesn’t scare me or anything. It’s just the amount of pitting it does is just crazy. I’m assuming changing the connections every so often is just going to be something I need to do...

I originally used anti spark connections but they are just way to big, bulky and heavy.

RC Enthusiast
    https://youtu.be/v42g3zIehug

Here’s a very short video I have on my phone of the slash 4x4 project. I don’t have a GPS on it so unfortunately I don’t know the speed. I’m saying 80-90mph range. Two 3s in series setup here. Need to work on aerodynamics a bit more because any faster than this she takes flight.

I just want to thank everyone so far who has helped me with all the knowledge on what to and how to build this awesome car!!
    Last edited by Racerderek38; 10-04-2019 at 04:03 AM.

RC Competitor
    https://youtu.be/v42g3zIehug

Here’s a very short video I have on my phone of the slash 4x4 project. I don’t have a GPS on it so unfortunately I don’t know the speed. I’m saying 80-90mph range. Two 3s in series setup here. Need to work on aerodynamics a bit more because any faster than this she takes flight.

I just want to thank everyone so far who has helped me with all the knowledge on what to and how to build this awesome car!!
    Sweet build. Looks like youre being patient and doing it right. That looks faster than 90mph.
    Im at 86mph right now but made a lot of mistakes. Im running a high center of gravity Slash(mistake 1) and still using the stock motor placment and have maxed out my gearing at 34 spur 26 pinion...cant go any taller. And Im using a 3670 motor. So...now to go faster I had to get a 2650kv motor...lol. I have the saga mount now so I will be going LCG chassis soon. Im hoping to break 100mph this weekend before an entire revamp.
    I subbed your Youtube channel...looking forward to seeing more vids.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12