RC Competitor

X-Maxx 8S Battery Cells & Link App

Hi,

Is the Traxxas app smart enough to know when one of the cells has gone to an extremely low voltage which may cause lipo issues. On a couple of occasions i have removed my lipos to discover that one of the cells has gone totally flat and my charger wont charge them with the balance leads plugged in.

How should I be setting up my car to shutdown at a certain voltage to protect my lipos, what are my options here?

Thanks,
    Martin
    Getting back into the RC game after 10 years!

RC Qualifier
    What I do for mine with the link app is set my low voltage cutoff on 4s to 14.4 so 3.6v per cell and on 6s to 21.6 and just run until it gets there but make sure you turn the alarm on it should bong on your phone and flash a red light. I do this on all my rc's but mainly for the M41 so it doesn't die away from shore and it gives me plenty of time to get back and I've never had a low cell yet. I hope this helps.

No as it monitors overall battery voltage not individual cells. The ESC pulls voltage from the main terminal and cannot adjust which cell(s) the power will come from.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Whats a safe cutoff per cell or what should i set my 8S X-Maxx to? Thanks for the advice :-)
    Getting back into the RC game after 10 years!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by morch_66479 View Post
    Whats a safe cutoff per cell or what should i set my 8S X-Maxx to? Thanks for the advice :-)
    I listed what I set my cutoff at above for 4s (14.4) and 6s (21.6) which is 3.6v per cell, some guy's might like to run lower but I think this keeps the batteries at a safe discharge level. If your running 8s set your low cutoff at 28.8(3.6v per cell) and I don't see you having any problems in the future. I hope this helps.