RC Enthusiast

Extreme heavy duty rustler driveshafts on Slash, they fit?

As per title, does anyone know if these are a direct fit to the Slash 4x4? Are these more robust etc if they do fit?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by M3AL View Post
    As per title, does anyone know if these are a direct fit to the Slash 4x4? Are these more robust etc if they do fit?
    I have no idea to be honest. Why not just buy a set of the MIP axles. I have those in all of my slashes. Never had a problem with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    supporting my addiction one paycheck at a time

RC Enthusiast
    I have been told from three different hobby stores that the driveshafts on the 4x4 Rustler are compatible with the Slash, in fact the new Ultimate and Platinum Slash's come with these new Rustler 4x4 driveshafts.

If they are the ones that come on the new Ultimate they are the ones I just replaced on my new one with MIP's.

Quote Originally Posted by M3AL View Post
    First, the stock driveshafts on the Rustler are NOT "extreme heavy duty"...they look 'bulky', but are primarily made of plastic.

If you want TRUE "heavy duty", look into the Traxxas steel CVDs for the Slash/Rustler, or (one step up, but NOT for race use) the MIP Heavy Duty CVDs...or, if you're up for a little extra work, do the Traxxas XO-1 driveshaft conversion (and, while you're at it, you might as well do the XO-1 front & rear diff conversion).

~ Coming to you live, from somewhere on planet Earth.
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    First, the stock driveshafts on the Rustler are NOT "extreme heavy duty"...they look 'bulky', but are primarily made of plastic.

If you want TRUE "heavy duty", look into the Traxxas steel CVDs for the Slash/Rustler, or (one step up, but NOT for race use) the MIP Heavy Duty CVDs...or, if you're up for a little extra work, do the Traxxas XO-1 driveshaft conversion (and, while you're at it, you might as well do the XO-1 front & rear diff conversion).

Thanks to everyone for your help, Iím going to go for MIPís as these seem indistructable.
    I had these steel driveshafts from eBay and on any crash they snapped instantly. I want to mainly do bashing and do a few fast runs across grass but may occasionally put some road tyres on and try a speed run. Hoping the MIPís can be an all rounder. Cheers everyone and thanks panther6834 for the suggestion of the XO-1 upgrades, I will still look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post

The "extreme heavy duty" isn't a descriptive adjective but the actual name of the part. https://traxxas.com/products/parts/6851A
    The stock shafts are "heavy duty". Not to disagree with your assessment which is true by all accounts. I just wasn't sure you knew that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    The "extreme heavy duty" isn't a descriptive adjective but the actual name of the part. https://traxxas.com/products/parts/6851A
    The stock shafts are "heavy duty". Not to disagree with your assessment which is true by all accounts. I just wasn't sure you knew that fact.
    I knew, but I wasn't thinking along part names...I was thinking along the lines of real-world use. That's why it was one of the first upgrades on my Rustler.

~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Some people have never had an issue with stock shafts. I replaced 3-4 each.. (had spares from parts teucks) finally went with mip, and haven't had an issue. They are quite heavy, but my 9 pound slash is special. I actually weighed them, and if I recall correctly, weighed 2 or 3 times the oem. It's in my build thread somewhere.

#FACTSDONTCAREABOUTYOURFEELINGS

Here you go (at least for the front X-Dutys):
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...=1#post6369852
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

4 days late the rustler 4x4 axles are the best 2s shafts you can run. I run them on 3s no problems. Plastic is fantastic.
    ------
    How to Rc: Send them high, watch them die.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by bluechevy04 View Post
    Why not just buy a set of the MIP axles.
    The mentioned Traxxas axles are $12. The MIP axles are > $70.