RC poster

Rustler Self Righting System

Hey all,

I'm wondering what kind of tires/rims you've upgraded to in order to make your Rustler VXL 4X4's self righting system to function properly? I've noticed when my RC flips over and I activate the self righting systen, it just rocks back and fourth/side to side but the stock rims/tires don't balloon out far enough in order to catch the ground to flip over.

Any input would be appreciated , thanks!

The self-righting system is a cool feature, however, it has been reported that it is very hard in the differentials. So either use it sparingly or do the walk-of-shame and flip it over yourself.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Or use 3s that is what made it work for me, double g is right tho just do the walk of shame a lot less to fix then

RC Competitor
    Never worked for me, and I'm running 3s. All it did was scratch the heck out of the top.

Be a man and walk over to flip it manually

RC poster
    Are you running 3S on stock gearing?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by StDragon View Post
    Never worked for me, and I'm running 3s. All it did was scratch the heck out of the top.

Be a man and walk over to flip it manually
    Are you running 3S on stock gearing?

RC Competitor
    Yes I am, the 11 tooth pinion

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jb772 View Post
    Hey all,

I'm wondering what kind of tires/rims you've upgraded to in order to make your Rustler VXL 4X4's self righting system to function properly? I've noticed when my RC flips over and I activate the self righting systen, it just rocks back and fourth/side to side but the stock rims/tires don't balloon out far enough in order to catch the ground to flip over.

Any input would be appreciated , thanks!
    The stock wheels and tires work fine for me... just stiffen up your slipper clutch. But if I were you, I would almost never use this. It is very hard on the drivetrain, especially on the differentials and the spur gear. The only times I do it, is if the car flipped over at maximum range. Otherwise just take the walk of shame and flip it over by hand...

RC Competitor
    I've only used it once with the full stock set up on 3s and it worked perfectly on black top. Scratched it up a bit and I know it's hard on it so I haven't done it since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretzell23 View Post
    Or use 3s that is what made it work for me, double g is right tho just do the walk of shame a lot less to fix then
    Actually, this is correct. There is a note in the manual page 17 that states that 3s lipo is required for self-righting to operate properly.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Has anyone ever managed to get it to self right with crazy gearing and a 2s?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Actually, this is correct. There is a note in the manual page 17 that states that 3s lipo is required for self-righting to operate properly.
    Ah that will do it - I should have read the manual more in depth. Thanks for that.

RC poster
    Yo también lo e probado en varias ocasiones. Sólo se gira o da la vuelta con 3s lipo. El suelo o firme resbaladizo o muy liso es difícil. Pero yo si lo e logrado.
    Last edited by killo197; 03-06-2019 at 05:33 PM.

RC Competitor
    Why chance tearing up your drivetrain. I have never used it or will ever use it. Just save yourself some heartache and flip it over yourself.

RC Racer
    100% box stock and 3S, I have never seen one yet self right itself.
    We have 8 of these VXL 4x4 Rustlers total, amongst our group of friends.
    So far none of us have ever got that feature to work.
    RC's4-UDR/6-XMax/?-Slash/1-Rust4X/4-E-rev/4-E-maxx