RC Enthusiast

Help with measurements

Iím in a bit of a dilemma here, awhile ago when purchasing a replacement LiPo battery for my rustler I bought one that I think is for a boat, it is part #2872x, and it is about an inch too long, so the end is just resting on the upper chassis that the steering assembly sits under with zip ties holding it in. It works great and fits fine and snug, but I have wanted to buy a bandit body for street bashing, as it sits lower and seems like it will act less like a parashute than the rustler, which catches air and starts flapping around when you wheelie the tiniest bit. Iím not sure if the bandit body will fit though, and cutting a hole will defeat the whole purpose. Can anybody measure and see if there is 1 inch of extra height 1 inch after the upper chassis starts on their bandit or rustler with a bandit body? Also, would post some pictures on here if anybody knows an easy way, thanks in advance to any responses.

RC Qualifier
    I’m not sure if the bandit body will fit though, and cutting a hole will defeat the whole purpose.
    I think you mean it will defeat the hole purpose! lol, sorry.

Have you removed the back wall on your Rustler chassis? If you remove the esc plate there is a wall under there that isn't necessary at all. I'd cut that with a dremel or side cutters and file it down before messing with anything else. That should easily give you an extra inch or so of space for the battery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTGdeN1MOlM
    This video should give you a pretty good idea of what you might need to do to fit your battery. Keep in mine, this is a modification to a stock part, so your mileage may vary depending on what you need.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks, but I have already tried this. The upper chassis is too tall and the battery is at too much of an angle to be able to slide in and out because it gets blocked by the platform the esc sits on. Is there anything I could do to the esc platform to make it work?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear2216 View Post
    Is there anything I could do to the esc platform to make it work?
    Use spacers under the platform. I needed a few mm's more to get my packs in/out and just used nylon spacers cut to the size I needed but you can use anything you want to use to get the spacing you want.
    Last edited by Igottabeme; 03-06-2019 at 03:40 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks, I’ll definitly try that. Also, to my original question, would the bandit body fit without doing anything and leaving the battery?

RC Qualifier
    Also, to my original question, would the bandit body fit without doing anything and leaving the battery?
    I doubt it. That's why we are trying to help you fit the battery all the way in the tray, then you don't have to worry about it.