Thread: X-Maxx gears

RC poster

X-Maxx gears

ok so i stripped a 18t and a 46t and am wondering if any one knows of a gear that dont brake so easy.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So to be tactful, Iíd lay money your gear mesh is the issue. However you can buy GDS hardened steel gears. Thatís what Iíve got. Love em.

RC poster
    i can find the 46t but not the 18t

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GDS-Racing-...frcectupt=true

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    So to be tactful, I’d lay money your gear mesh is the issue. However you can buy GDS hardened steel gears. That’s what I’ve got. Love em.
    wait i found it...... also it was the grub screw on the 18t that came lose and then all the teeth on the 46t broke and the 18t most of them

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/GDS-...AbTest=ae803_3
    Last edited by FireCat; 03-05-2019 at 09:55 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireCat View Post
    wait i found it...... also it was the grub screw on the 18t that came lose and then all the teeth on the 46t broke and the 18t most of them

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/GDS-...AbTest=ae803_3
    If the shaft slipped, the gear wouldnít turn, maybe it caught in a spot and shredded the gears. Either way I got my pinions from NovaRC(formerly Kershaw), and spur is the one you shared.

RC poster
    i installed a 15/54 gearing just so i could drive it again..... i removed all the broken teeth before fitting had to take the truck apart used the right motor pins and testing to make sure the motor screws where tight and just drove it around and around in a circle all was working fine until i took it inside on the carpet and was just testing it back and forth about 3 meters both ways and i stripped them heard it happen they just shattered. what am i doing wrong?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireCat View Post
    i installed a 15/54 gearing just so i could drive it again..... i removed all the broken teeth before fitting had to take the truck apart used the right motor pins and testing to make sure the motor screws where tight and just drove it around and around in a circle all was working fine until i took it inside on the carpet and was just testing it back and forth about 3 meters both ways and i stripped them heard it happen they just shattered. what am i doing wrong?
    Youíre using the pins, which is not inherently wrong. Itís a great idea with poor execution. They donít provide a proper mesh. Too much of a gap in the mesh. Remove them, check out a few videos to get the gear lash set right. You wonít have the issue again.